wiikey noob, needs help.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ino69, Aug 10, 2007.

Aug 10, 2007

wiikey noob, needs help. by ino69 at 4:38 PM (635 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ino69
    OP

Newcomer ino69 Newbie

Australia
    I just Installed my wiikey today, and I dont know if its working. I kinda updated my wii a couple of days ago to v3. My chip is a D2b something. I tried running the kkw..wiikey1.2 disk on the wii, which i found out through the internet that its not working, but anyways, it wasnt working, got a disk error, but the wii recognized it as a GC disk.

so, what do you think? is my wiikey working?

2. pnut

Member pnut GBAtemp Regular

United States
    IF ti recognized your burnt disc as a GC game, even though you got the error, it worked. Try looking up the Gcos thing for the config disc.

3. wiimii

Member wiimii GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    1.im not saying you should but i use taiyo yudens burn @ 3x and every burn i have done has worked perfect , get a 25 stack on ebay pretty cheap.

2.it does recognise it as a gamecube disk but then when you click start it gives you the dre, thats normal if you have 3.0 firmware ,

3. to me it sounds like you installed it good as the setup disk showed up as gc logo on the wii menu and therfore you need a backup game , or burn an image iso file from your comp and try that then you will know if your wiikey works properly as it should.

wiimii

4. Kiok

Member Kiok GBAtemp Regular

Jamaica
    Yes its working. Congrats!

5. ziddey

Member ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I wouldn't even worry about the wiikey config disc at all. You should be good to go at this point. The only issue is if region free is enabled or not. But I suppose that's not a big deal. I'd rather have it be turned off, and have to knowingly know I'm using a foreign region, and do all the work on the computer beforehand to strip the update etc.

6. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    You could just use the RegionFrii patcher rigth?