chadders

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys,

right, i've not been in the wii scene for a while now, but with all the good games coming out at the minute, DKCR, Epic Mickey, etc
i want to get my wii updated to play them.

im on a launch wii, with a Wiikey V1 installed on FW 1.9s?? i think?

I updated the wii the other day using the guide from these forums "modify any wii 4.3 and below" and all went fine.

So!!!! I decided to get DKCR, burned it as i used to do, turned the wii on, loaded up priiloader, enabled block disc updates and put the disc in. Games shows up in the disc channel but when i start it, it gives disc could not be loaded or something along those lines.

so i thought i'd update my Wiikey to see if that would solve the problem, downloaded the .RAR packet and extracted the PAL .iso, load it into Imgburn and for some reason, it will not burn, keeps giving incompatible format or something. Burnt it 3 times now and its proper burnt my head out. I need some help with this guys!!!!!!!

I know i could softmod the wii and im all up for that, but i just want to get this sorted out, just for the sack of it if you know what i mean, i can't let it better me!!!!! lol

Just a note - Imgburn is the latest one off there site today, no settings changed, someone must know how to do this, please!!!! lol.

By the way, i know these updates run as GC games but i think this update can just be burnt without padding. Please give step by step instructions for any advice.

Cheers guys for the help, must remember not to leave so long time inbetween updates!!!!!

I've got the HBC installed to if thats any help????

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, without too much research, is your drive able to burn anything at all? Bad discs? Do you have any virtual image software installed? I know Alcohol had a conflict with a Imgburn driver used. When you start Imgburn, do you get any weird messages in the startup log? Are you sure the ISO filed you downloaded is not corrupt?

Can be a few things wrong really. :/

chadders

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
Hmmm, without too much research, is your drive able to burn anything at all? Bad discs? Do you have any virtual image software installed? I know Alcohol had a conflict with a Imgburn driver used. When you start Imgburn, do you get any weird messages in the startup log? Are you sure the ISO filed you downloaded is not corrupt?

Can be a few things wrong really. :/

cheers for the reply mate, ive got no virtual software installed or funny messages on start up of imgburn?????

Is there a way of running these new games without doing this cos im loosing me rag with it????

If i ran ModMii again would it install the right stuff or what???

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
chadders said:
guys if i use pimp my wii V2.11 will the disc channel still ask for an update???, i dont really want to update to 4.3e, i think im on 4.2 at the min???
dont use pimpmywii unless you know what you are doing and you can use priiloader to block updates

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried to start the game with Geckos ?
Wii update 4.2 killed regionfree from your Wiikey and you must run games from your own region or with Geckos.

75UR15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if (s)he updated and likely got rid of whatever cioscorp/darkcorp that was installed, wouldn't (s)he have to use a backup loader program to make it work? I don't believe the stickied guide includes loading backups from disc channel (though I haven't read it in a while).

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chadders said:
guys if i use pimp my wii V2.11 will the disc channel still ask for an update???, i dont really want to update to 4.3e, i think im on 4.2 at the min???
I'd recommend staying away from PimpMyWii.

QUOTE(75UR15 @ Dec 3 2010, 08:08 PM) Also, if (s)he updated and likely got rid of whatever cioscorp/darkcorp that was installed, wouldn't (s)he have to use a backup loader program to make it work? I don't believe the stickied guide includes loading backups from disc channel (though I haven't read it in a while).
He has a chip, so disc channel backup loading will work fine. CORP is irrelevant here. Even if he did have CORP, updating officially wouldn't remove it since the version numbers are maxed on all the IOSes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]