WiiGator's Backup Launcher Game Compatibility list

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Brian117, Sep 27, 2008.

1. tweak201

tweak201 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    USA
    Hello,
    first i want to thank everyone who has contributed information ,instructions,files,and compatibility lists in regards to the latest releases of the backup loaders. Since I have gained a lot from this site I would like to give back what i have found trying this stuff out. installed the cios using wadmanager, dvdx after , then the backup loader, and gecko os channel. No problems. I'd like to share my results and what I used. I also like to include the fact that I did at one point or still do own these games,because im using my old save files to test them.

I am using a Sony DRU-830A usb DVD+- R /RW/RAM
    burning with imgburn booktype set to DVD-ROM
    all games are NTSC-U on a NTSC-U wii, 3.3
    And using standard AV cables.
    All color issues are fixed with GeckoOS

Super Paper Mario
    I used a Imation DVD+RW , burned at 2.4x.
    slow loading in the movie intro . works 100% with my completed save file , starting from scratch i kept freezing after opening all the doors in the mansion. I fixed this by playing through that part of the level with waninkokos backup loader ,then saving, and continuing gameplay afterwards using geckoOS . Again, a 100% save file does not give this error in either loader.

Super Mario Sluggers
    again, Imation DVD+RW , burned at 2.4x
    4100 error on waninkokos. didnt test with gecko os (wasnt out yet :-P)
    i think i forgot to set the booktype on that one

Super Mario Galaxy
    Imation DVD+RW , burned at 2.4 x i formatted the one i used for super mario sluggers
    Slow loading intro, runs GREAT. I started a luigi game (already got 120 stars with mario)
    No freezing at all. Except this morning, somewere in the third observatory, but i think its because i left the wii on all night .
    Resetted / reloaded game, no problems . Boots up and plays in waninkokos loader, using geckoOS for color.

Mario Kart Wii
    Imation DVD+RW , 2.4x
    slow loading in intro, course selection screen.
    loads long before every race, no problems with gameplay.
    didnt test with wifi.
    seems to crash after every cup in mirror mode, or 50cc karts and bikes.

Wario Land Shake it
    Pleomax dvd+r, set to dvd-rom , burned at 3x.
    Works with waninkokos backup loader using battery trick.
    Hangs at green screen with GeckoOS.

2. Brian117
    OP

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Ok guys, I just updated the main post with the games I forgot to add last night.

I wanted to say thanks for making that GBAtemp Wiki. That helped tons.

3. slimpyman

slimpyman GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2008
    United States
    Valparaiso, IN
    do we need gecko usb adaptor? i used to load (albeit in b/w with waininkokos) chocobos dungeon, now it wont load with this new backup loader, it gives me some kinda error, but i cant read it cause it over laps with some other text. lol.... does this thing make some games compatible but loses compatibilty with others? and do we need usb gecko

4. MillionsKnives

MillionsKnives GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2006
    United States
    This was very easy to set up, I'd like to thank everyone possible for all the efforts that were put into getting this to function the best that it possibly can for the time being. I have only tried one game, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, and it worked without a problem.

The only thing I noticed was slow loading times, but that is a fair price to pay for me to be able to back up my game collection, which I am sure you all know can get very pricey very fast. I'm considering even making a backup of my Wii Sports disc in case my original gets ruined [​IMG]

I used a 4x speed Memorex DVD+RW, which is by no means in my book a high quality media, however it is working fine so far. I played for a bit over an hour and had no freezes or glitches in sound or video.

I will see if I have any games in my collection that haven't already been tested so I can try and help out with the compatibility list. Thanks to everyone again for the help!

5. OmniSlash2o6

OmniSlash2o6 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2007
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    "Works with waninkokos backup loader using battery trick."

What is this BATTERY Trick..

6. Arm the Homeless

Arm the Homeless Custom Title

May 26, 2008
    United States
    /home/andy/
    Oh my god! He doesn't know the battery trick!
    Ah ha ha! What an idiot! xD

...I have no idea what he was talking about either. I just couldn't resist there.

7. idunnoilikends

idunnoilikends GBAtemp Fan

Jun 8, 2007
    United States
    If someone could upload the rev5 cIOS with the dip module I'd love them

8. tweak201

tweak201 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    USA
    another post on this forum that i really dont feel like looking for right now mentioned that taking out the batteries helped wario land shake it load up. And it worked for me. thats what i meant by "battery trick". lol

9. Zarox

Zarox Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2008
    United States
    I have played through the first two levels of Zack and Wiki and neither of the next two options are working. It either gets stuck at the loading screen or a black screen directly after. This is the NTSC version on a NTSC console. I have tried with and without forcing NTSC.
    -Zarox

10. hecz

hecz Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2008
    United States
    This is not entirely true, I have both component and regular cables and the ntsc games that show green screen lock up I forced

them to pal and look black and white on regular cables

11. EmperorOfCanada

EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Hells Kitchen NTSC - No worky. Freezes before I even get to menu
    Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Dungeon NTSC - Worked!

12. Meowayne

Meowayne GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2008
    Gambia, The
    What do we need a different Wiki for? There's a column for Wiigator Launcher compatibility in maschell's wiki..

13. MillionsKnives

MillionsKnives GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2006
    United States
    As mentioned in a later post in this thread, this is most likely from a post made in a different topic by zidane_genome.

Here it is if anyone else is interested.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=106...t&p=1424541

14. idunnoilikends

idunnoilikends GBAtemp Fan

Jun 8, 2007
    United States
    help please?
    [​IMG]

15. OmniSlash2o6

OmniSlash2o6 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2007
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    OOo thanks it works!

16. tweak201

tweak201 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    USA
    Trauma Center: New Blood
    NTSC-U game / wii

loads slow, plays fine.

burned at 2.4x with imgburn, using pleomax dvd+r, booktype set to dvd-rom

17. kvp1192

kvp1192 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2008
    United States
    Hey all, i was wondering, how do i get Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 PAL to work on my NTSC 3.3u Wii?

18. yukine

yukine GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2007
    United States
    Arizona
    I know someone reported that one of the DDR games for the Wii didn't work using Wan's loader , would that person mind testing it with this new loader?

19. tweak201

tweak201 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    USA
    I'd like to share a tip to improve some of the loading times on Super Mario Galaxy. Start up the game without the nunchuk, let it hang at the connect nunchuk screen then reconnect. Seems to cut some of the loading times when I load up my save.

20. Meowayne

Meowayne GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I stopped the time and I was wrong: Zack&Wiki takes exactly the same amount of seconds to load on waninkokos loader as it takes on wiigators loader.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted