Hacking WiiGator Backup Loader

Pinhead667

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay guys - first of all a BIG thanks to EoC for giving me the files I needed and the guidnace to get the Backup loader installed on my Wii.
I am pretty sure that everything installed correctly - no error messages came up at all throughout the installation.

However, when I put in a disc with an iso on it then startd the launcher, the screen went blank for a second or two and then just went back to the launcher menu. I am burning at x4 onto Verbatim DVD-r's. These are iso's I have downloaded (the games I have tried are Brunswick Pro Bowling and Who Wants To Be A Millionnaire).

EoC suggested that I try the cios patchmii installer and follow the instructions renaming the dol file to boot.dol, etc. This was done and I fist uninstalled then re-installed as instructed.

Tried again - same problem. Simply keeps going back to the launcher menu.

Anyone out there know how to resolve this issue (please!) - I'd be grateful for your suggestions.

Thanks.

Pinhead667

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
zuka said:
Look at the post from TriLLioN in the following link for the resolution to your problem. Fixed mine!

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=120069

Zuka,

Thanks for your input. I did look at that thread and wondered whether it might do the trick. The problem is that I am not getting the DVD read errors - it just keeps going back to the launch game menu.

I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

zuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First I was having your problem exactly as you described and then realised I was running version 0.3 and not the Gamma version of the loader. To top it off I was using Waninkoko's IOS249 instead of WiiGators IOS249. So I downgraded to be safe, ran the AnyTitle deleter and deleted IOS249 and installed the gamma loader and then WiiGators IOS249. Everything runs great...At first I was getting the same thing as you, no images (top splash screen) and loader would loop.

Good luck hope it resolves your issue!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny