WiiGator Backup Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Pinhead667, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Pinhead667
    OP

Pinhead667 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2008
    Okay guys - first of all a BIG thanks to EoC for giving me the files I needed and the guidnace to get the Backup loader installed on my Wii.
    I am pretty sure that everything installed correctly - no error messages came up at all throughout the installation.

However, when I put in a disc with an iso on it then startd the launcher, the screen went blank for a second or two and then just went back to the launcher menu. I am burning at x4 onto Verbatim DVD-r's. These are iso's I have downloaded (the games I have tried are Brunswick Pro Bowling and Who Wants To Be A Millionnaire).

EoC suggested that I try the cios patchmii installer and follow the instructions renaming the dol file to boot.dol, etc. This was done and I fist uninstalled then re-installed as instructed.

Tried again - same problem. Simply keeps going back to the launcher menu.

Anyone out there know how to resolve this issue (please!) - I'd be grateful for your suggestions.

Thanks.

2. zuka

zuka Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2008
    Canada
  3. Pinhead667
    OP

Pinhead667 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2008
    Zuka,

Thanks for your input. I did look at that thread and wondered whether it might do the trick. The problem is that I am not getting the DVD read errors - it just keeps going back to the launch game menu.

I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

4. zuka

zuka Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2008
    Canada
    First I was having your problem exactly as you described and then realised I was running version 0.3 and not the Gamma version of the loader. To top it off I was using Waninkoko's IOS249 instead of WiiGators IOS249. So I downgraded to be safe, ran the AnyTitle deleter and deleted IOS249 and installed the gamma loader and then WiiGators IOS249. Everything runs great...At first I was getting the same thing as you, no images (top splash screen) and loader would loop.

Good luck hope it resolves your issue!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice