WiiGator Backup Launcher Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Atom_Blaster, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Atom_Blaster
    OP

Atom_Blaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Hey. I'm having trouble using the WiiGator Backup Launcher. Whenever I press "start" on the channel, it just goes to a black screen, then the Wiimote turns off and I can't turn it back on for a while. Then it can be activated, but it won't stay on. And all the while there's the haunting black screen looming over me. I have IOS36 (thanks to TBR) and DVDX installed, so I don't know what the problem is. Help?

2. longtom1

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    did you install a cIOS??

3. Atom_Blaster
    OP

Atom_Blaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Well, when I try installing cIOS36, it just gives me the error that it's already installed, so which one do I install to get the black screen away? O-o

4. closethebarndoor

closethebarndoor Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2009
    United States
    I would upgrade to IOS 38 Rev 14 it's the best, most stable IOS that I am aware of and what most are saying. You can search Google for both the Rev and Wad below

I had Waninkoko's rev 16 earlier (just released a few days ago) and found NeoGamma - any version would not launch a single disc of which all were working previously with Rev 13.

1) Make sure you have the proper WAD file in the root of your SD card IOS38-64-v3610.wad
    2) Be sure IOS38 rev 14 is in your apps folder and rename the .DOL file to boot.dol
    3) Launch the rev 14 from homebrew and choose WAD installation - your screen should say success in various places and then inform you when it's finished - just follow prompts

Hope that helps

PS - make sure your backup loader is compatible with Rev 14 (NeoGamma 7 or 8beta15 will work) or see the readme notes for your backup loader if not, you may need the newst version.

5. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    install wanin's cios rev14

if it gives u an error, u may already have a stubbed ios249, if this is the case, use any title deleter to delete ios249, then try installing wanin's cios 249 rev14 again

cheers

6. Atom_Blaster
    OP

Atom_Blaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Ok. I tried installing rev 14 using both WAD and network installation, but both of them won't work. I got the farthest on the network one, but it gave me error -1035 when it was installing the actual IOS.

7. longtom1

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    means you didn't do the TBR steps properly and have no trucha

8. Atom_Blaster
    OP

Atom_Blaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    So is there a guide to do it right?