Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
spayrosam said:
sidishere said:
Can someone send me a file with just channel wads? i dont want to waste 64mb.
thanks.

Wiiflow IOS249-WFHW.wad : 3,91 mb
Wiiflow IOS222-WFHH.wad : 3,91 mb
Wiiflow StarNight Channel Forwarder-WSNF.wad :3,81 mb
Wiiflow StarNight Channel IOS222-WSNH.wad :5,81 mb
Wiiflow StarNight Channel IOS249-WSNW.wad :5,81 mb
Spayrosam Forwarder-SRFW.wad :3,71 mb
WiiFlow Forwarder-WFHL.wad : 1,73 mb

Download Wiiflow IOS249-WFHW.wad
Download Wiiflow IOS222-WFHH.wad
Download Wiiflow StarNight Channel Forwarder-WSNF.wad
Download Wiiflow StarNight Channel IOS249-WSNW.wad
Download Wiiflow StarNight Channel IOS222-WSNH.wad
Download Spayrosam Forwarder-SRFW.wad
Download WiiFlow Forwarder-WFHL.wad

here all wads, enjoy
wink.gif

http://benjay.free.fr/wiiflow/pack-chaines-carbonik.rar

here are my forwarder (matching with carbonik theme) , and 2 channels (22 and 249) based on the forwarder
wink.gif

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,
Just a small message to tell you how much I like this loader.
I've tried several ones, starting from waninkoko's loader. When I tried USB loader GX, I thought it was perfect... but then I realised it does not work very well with CIOS 222 and has many code dump as soon as you try to do advanced stuff (like alt dol method, etc...)
Then I tried uloader. Ugly, yet very efficient.
When I discovered configurable usb loader, I thought I found the best one : quite nice (menus excepted) and high compatibility.

And shall be the light : this one is just amazing. As compatible as CFG loader, but much nicer.
Only one regret to be honest : the fact that the covers are on a fat32 partition is a great idea, but it is a bit messy. boot.dol is on my sd card, but it looks for the .ini and themes on the hdd. So I had to copy all the files on my hdd. It was not obvious that I had to do this when I read the readme.
Same thing goes for languages.
It would be perfect if the loader was first looking for themes on the hdd, and if it doesn't found anything, went to the SD.

However, this very small inconvenient excepted, it is just great ! I love it !

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
mverason said:
Wow, who created the "Light" theme? Excellent job!
Chappy23.

D34DL1N3R said:
Is it possible for you to implement a list view mode like what USB Loader GX has? If there was a configurable list mode with covers I would ditch GX altogether.
No, it wouldn't be better in wiiflow, so just use usblgx if it's your kind of gui.

dsfanatic5 said:
... (about the bug)
I'll send you a message. Anybody who can easily reproduce the bug and wants to help send me a message.

burritoboy9984 said:
so, any idea if you might be able to add the scrolling feature from configurable? it is REALLY nice to just point which way
smile.gif
doesn't seem as if it would be that hard to implement either...
Wiiflow has B+A for a quick launch, it would be annoying if the list scrolled automatically while you try to launch a game that's near the edge. I personally don't like this kind of controls.
I've also been asked for the "B+Twist" of coverfloader. I don't believe this is useful, it may look fun but it's not accurate, and it doesn't make it easier to find a game than what's already in wiiflow.

QUOTE(MadBob @ Sep 15 2009, 11:14 PM)
Came back from working away, nothing changed in settings, downloaded all covers (took a while) all working ok now. go figure!
only thing I can think of is site traffic from cover site.
When i've tried downloading covers from muntrue it looked hung sometimes, but i only had to wait a little more for it to finish. There are some operations that can't be canceled immediately in wiiflow. Maybe there's a bug too.

CODE
Is there a way to configure WiiFlow to not download and use the HQ Full Covers but instead download and use the standard quality full covers?ÂÂI am a little short of HDD space for all of the HQ full covers.
You don't need to keep the PNG files once they have been added to the cache folder.
You can keep HQ covers and delete the PNG files, then in wiiflow.ini change keep_png=yes to keep_png=no

---------------
I am going to work on the black screen bug during the week i hope. I think it's volatile, which means if i change anything it will disappear for a game and reappear elsewhere. This is why people come with strange fixes like selecting an IOS, deleting titles.ini etc. But it's not that simple unfortunately.
There is another bug in wiiflow 1.0 : it doesn't use the right ehcmodule for IOS 222 rev4 (i took uloader 3.0A instead of 3.0B), so it might crash in metroid prime trilogy for example. This will be easily fixed.

C

CasperH

I had the black screen problem a few times.
My fix is always return to the Wii Menu before shutting down
smile.gif

Worked for me so far :yaynds:

amiga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I have medium quality (512) covers and HQ (1024) at the same time because the quality on my wii is the same (medium quality). I haven't got my wii online and in the cache on the sd at least the hq ones have bigger size than the normal ones but on screen quality is the same (medium). I don't know maybe is because my TV only supports 480i and I need 480p.

juggyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thx for your input ! I'm going to play safe and go for the long way ...

Dr. Clipper said:
Apparently, most partitioners will shrink the partition OK and it will still be readable by the Wii, but not by WBFS managers. If you don't pirate, then you might want to go with that route as there is no need to have a WBFS manager anyway.
QUOTE(kLiNiKaL @ Sep 19 2009, 12:43 AM) i resized a partition with gparted, it worked true but some of the games started spitting out read errors and slow loading and basically disc read errors

best to just format, split, partition, reinstall in my opinion

save your self the head ache

C

CasperH

amiga said:
Can I have medium quality (512) covers and HQ (1024) at the same time because the quality on my wii is the same (medium quality). I haven't got my wii online and in the cache on the sd at least the hq ones have bigger size than the normal ones but on screen quality is the same (medium). I don't know maybe is because my TV only supports 480i and I need 480p.
The diffrence is that the HQ ones have more pixels and because of that, are bigger.
If it doesn't matter then you can go for the SD covers.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I had never noticed any difference between HQ covers and normal, until I adjusted the coverflows to zoom right in on cover flip. Suddenly the difference becomes very clear. I wish I had realised that before submitting the coverflows used in the default theme.
frown.gif
Oh well we live and learn.

Hmm had a lot of problems using WiiFlow since I reformated my drive to add a fat32 partition and use that for covers. Everything seemed to be working, but suddenly for the first time began to get those black screens people reported when launching games. a lot of games also seemed to stop playing their music on the game launch screen.

Oh and I tried switching off FAT32 support once more via the ini file, but still got the same probs.

I believe most of the problem may have been caused by WBFS Manager as I extracted all the ISOs with that before creating my partitions and moving them back. Even before starting up WiiFlow I had problems with a couple of games not going back on the drive. I simply re-ripped them from originals and I am now gonna try reformating the drive to single partition once more. To see if that makes any difference, as they all worked for me prior to changing partitions. My testing was thorough.

I will try the fat32 functionality once more after 1.1 is out or any more testing is requested by Hibernatus.

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember when you first mentioned you were doing this loader...and that you wanted to take your time and not rush, you had a video or screens that showed how good it could be.....

I just wanna say well done !! many other took your idea and made decent efforts but your interface and what you hava released as well as the compatibility now is brilliant.....

Here's to patience and not given a toss about the limelilght !!!

well done

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
propered said:
I remember when you first mentioned you were doing this loader...and that you wanted to take your time and not rush, you had a video or screens that showed how good it could be.....

I just wanna say well done !! many other took your idea and made decent efforts but your interface and what you hava released as well as the compatibility now is brilliant.....

well done

couldnt of put it better

juggyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
fluffykiwi said:
and I am now gonna try reformating the drive to single partition once more. To see if that makes any difference, as they all worked for me prior to changing partitions. My testing was thorough.

I wait for your testing before i reformat my drive ... please post your findings !

johny48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
propered said:

well done

i must agree with this also this loader must be the best out and when the final release is out should be recommended for all usb loader users .
thanks for all the hard work on this
cheers johny48

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
i think we should maybe create a irc channel for Wiiflow

hows about #wiiflow on EFnet or Freenode?

Hibern any problem with this?

ETA -- created #wiiflow on EFnet if anyone else wants to come in and we can get it up and running for a nice place to go for help then i think it will be a good idea

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hibern said:
You don't need to keep the PNG files once they have been added to the cache folder.
You can keep HQ covers and delete the PNG files, then in wiiflow.ini change keep_png=yes to keep_png=no
I haven't looked yet, but I assume the PNG files are the same size as their counterpart in the cache folder. When I was doing calculations, I thought the size of all the PNG HQ covers for my 131 games would not fit completely in my FAT HDD partition (I made a 200MB partition) so even if I had deleted all of the PNG files, the size of the covers in the cache folder would still be too much, correct?

Edit: changed 200GB to 200MB

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
i turn off keep PNG just to keep the space down i see no need to have both the .wfc and the .png really its just overkill

@Dent - 131 will certainly fit into a 200GB partition, sure you have 200gb free?

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kLiNiKaL said:
i turn off keep PNG just to keep the space down i see no need to have both the .wfc and the .png really its just overkill

@Dent - 131 will certainly fit into a 200GB partition, sure you have 200gb free?
Oh, crap, I meant a 200MB partition. I corrected it now in my original post. I only have a 320GB hard drive in my external enclosure.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
Dent said:
kLiNiKaL said:

Oh, crap, I meant a 200MB partition. I corrected it now in my original post. I only have a 320GB hard drive in my external enclosure.

just format your HDD to all WBFS and then WiiFlow will use the SD card if theres no FAT Partition on USB

if you have a 1/2Gb SD card this shouldnt be a problem and you can save space on your HDD

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hibern said:
There is another bug in wiiflow 1.0 : it doesn't use the right ehcmodule for IOS 222 rev4 (i took uloader 3.0A instead of 3.0B), so it might crash in metroid prime trilogy for example. This will be easily fixed.
Can this be easily fixed by us before the new version of Wiiflow is made?

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
no, even if you install the new cios222 (as i have) Hibern needs to update his code to work with the new version so we will jus have to wait until he gets round to it which i believe is this weekend hopefully

@Hibern - how about built in update please dude?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol