Hacking WiiFlow

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the Post .. I was doing all 599 USA games USA game covers .. for the wiiflow... all three sites , are missing alot of covers .. is there a way to get HQ covers .. where are they at .... bc i want to see them to see if i have the same ones .. mine are around 3332+something

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First i have to say this loader is AMAZING, its beautiful, completely configurable and properly handles all the different settings! its now my default loader (and i LOVE the fact it doesnt let you cheat online with it, i havent tried but reading this thread it says thats the case, awesome) and best of all it NEVER freezes no matter what IOS i choose, ive had major issues with other loaders if i my global IOS is 249 and load a game under 222 it freezes and vice versa, this one works perfectly for me! so THANK YOU for all your work in this and to all the theme creators too
biggrin.gif

Now for my question, i noticed it gives an option for IOS 250, as far as i know this is a backup of 249 waninkoko added into installers from rev10 and up, my question is would there be a way to keep 250 as rev10 and 249 rev 14 that im missing or is there no way atm to stop it from getting written over when installing a new cios?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
install rev10, dump IOS250 to a .wad, install rev14 and then re-install the .wad you dumped of rev10 over the top of the new IOS250

sounds easy because it is
biggrin.gif

Hahaha i dont know why i didnt think of that! Thanks, im gonna be doing this XD

I guess i dont use wad creator much, forgot it was there lol

juggyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is there a way to shrink the WFSB partition and create a FAT partition ?
Or do i need to reformat, partition & re-transfer all the games
frown.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
juggyfreak said:
Is there a way to shrink the WFSB partition and create a FAT partition ?
Or do i need to reformat, partition & re-transfer all the games
frown.gif
Apparently, most partitioners will shrink the partition OK and it will still be readable by the Wii, but not by WBFS managers. If you don't pirate, then you might want to go with that route as there is no need to have a WBFS manager anyway.

amiga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, I haven't got the online so I've got the covers on the sd, most of them are on 512x340 but I've got some on 1024x680 but they look the same quality.

I checked the wiiflow.ini but there is no choice to change the quality of covers, do you know what I have to put to change it?.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
i resized a partition with gparted, it worked true but some of the games started spitting out read errors and slow loading and basically disc read errors

best to just format, split, partition, reinstall in my opinion

save your self the head ache

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
djbubba2002 said:
thanks for the Post .. I was doing all 599 USA games USA game covers .. for the wiiflow... all three sites , are missing alot of covers .. is there a way to get HQ covers .. where are they at .... bc i want to see them to see if i have the same ones .. mine are around 3332+something
You can get HQ covers from the loader, and check the ones that exist at http://wiitdb.com, look at the right on the Game list for the first "F"
We already have a lot of covers gathered by Benjay, Blinddude and Spidey.
If you want to help build the HQ pack for Wiiflow, contact me for details.

To anyone interested in adding missing HQ full covers for Wiiflow, you can do so by uploading a good quality full cover at WiiTDB, equal or bigger to 1024x680 in png or jpg.
Ideally, with a perfect "front" part that looks like it comes directly from the game's publisher, and good colors for the back/spine (white background, not light gray).

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kedest said:
One of the forwarder channels has a bug.
it's the Spayrosam Forwarder-SRFW.wad file
if you select another channel and you scroll with + and - through the channels, it locks up when I reach the forwarder

QUOTE(pepxl @ Sep 17 2009, 05:07 PM) sounds like it has a bad sound.bin length, longer that 22sec i think it is....

These freezes are caused by memory issues.
The size of the channel you are switching from/to
There are 25 images for the covers making this a 3D channel
You could repack it with a smaller images, or no sound, or move it next to a simpler channel..

Edit:

Sorry 27 images

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sidishere said:
Can someone send me a file with just channel wads? i dont want to waste 64mb.
thanks.

Wiiflow IOS249-WFHW.wad : 3,91 mb
Wiiflow IOS222-WFHH.wad : 3,91 mb
Wiiflow StarNight Channel Forwarder-WSNF.wad :3,81 mb
Wiiflow StarNight Channel IOS222-WSNH.wad :5,81 mb
Wiiflow StarNight Channel IOS249-WSNW.wad :5,81 mb
Spayrosam Forwarder-SRFW.wad :3,71 mb
WiiFlow Forwarder-WFHL.wad : 1,73 mb

Download Wiiflow IOS249-WFHW.wad
Download Wiiflow IOS222-WFHH.wad
Download Wiiflow StarNight Channel Forwarder-WSNF.wad
Download Wiiflow StarNight Channel IOS249-WSNW.wad
Download Wiiflow StarNight Channel IOS222-WSNH.wad
Download Spayrosam Forwarder-SRFW.wad
Download WiiFlow Forwarder-WFHL.wad

here all wads, enjoy
wink.gif

sidishere

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the forwarder wad, but when i boot it it says "welcome to wiiflow" and then just reboots the wii. How do i set everything up?

and thanks.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
make sure you have the folder Wiiflow in the apps folder on the ROOT of the SD or USB then make sure the boot.dol is in that folder, which should look like this

x:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol

the forwarder is NOT a channel but a shortcut to load the boot.dol from the pre-defined locations from either SD or USB, if both SD and USB have the wiiflow folder then the first scan location will be used by the forwarder, check the readme.txt

example of where one of the forwarders looks and in what order

Wiiflow StarNight Channel Forwarder-WSNF.wad

SD:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol
SD:/wiiflow/boot.dol
USB:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol
USB:/wiiflow/boot.dol

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sarkwalvein said:
A solution to the black screen bug:

About the black screen bug:
Many times when you try to boot some game it will lead to a black screen.
It seems to be related to the titles.ini file; at least that's the conclusion I've arrived after several tests.

Solution:
Just delete the titles.ini file both from the SD:/wiiflow and USB:/wiiflow folders, and don't download game titles again until a bugfix is released.
I just want to confirm that deleting the titles.ini solves the problem COMPLETELY. I tried every previous test, and I can't get any game to black-screen, so I believe this is the fix. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game