Wiiflow - Save Coverflow Settings?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by HexMilo10, May 2, 2018.

1. HexMilo10
    OP

HexMilo10 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    United States
    So I'm using the carbonik skin on Wiiflow, and i don't like the default coverflow. i go to settings, change the coverflow, and hit save, the settings stay default! this is really annoying, and i tried the following:
    • Deleting the cache
    • going to source_menu.ini and putting emuflow=x under each button header.
    • Deleting the cache
    • DELETING THE CACHE
    • DELETING THE FRICKIN CACHE
    as you can clearly see i'm really frustrated, so any help would be appreciated. let me know if you need any more information.

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Are you talking about the "reload cache" option in the menu? That doesn't have anything to do with the coverflow settings. It just rescans your game source directories for new games.

3. HexMilo10
    OP

HexMilo10 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    United States
    '/

i meant deleting the cache in the sd card.

4. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    Maybe you are changing the wrong coverflow. When you click on 'Adjust Coverflow' on the top left corner there's a button with the coverflow number. Click it until your reach the desired coverflow, make your changes and save. Deleting the cache is only needed if you change or add covers

5. HexMilo10
    OP

HexMilo10 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    United States
    that's exactly what i've been doing. it's just that whenever i click the save button, it freezes up for a few seconds, goes back to the menu, and acts like nothing was changed at all.

6. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    are you using wiiflow or wiiflow lite?

7. HexMilo10
    OP

HexMilo10 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    United States
    i believe i'm using regular wiiflow.

8. HexMilo10
    OP

HexMilo10 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2018
    United States
    desperate bump

9. Tetsuo Shima

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    try posting it in the backup loaders section, maybe you can have more luck.
    Or try Wiiflow Lite, which is still having some active development, so you can get some more help.

10. DavidTheGamer

DavidTheGamer Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2019
    United States
    Having the exact same problem here trying to use Rhapsodii Shimi 2.0 but tier 1 refuses to display in hyperspin format only emulationstation I can delete and recopy cache files and ini files all day to no avail. Manually changing coverflows does nothing It acts like it save but nothing. Checked each ini file and tried changing setting manually still nothing. I'm beginning to think it's a defect within Wiiflow lite.

11. MrSW

MrSW Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    Brunei
    In the setting menu "lock coverflow" -> No, then press X/Y in that tier to change the coverflow

12. fledge68

fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    so i assume you downloaded rhapsodii shima theme, but when you run wiiflow the first tier doesn't display as hyperspin? and have you tried pressing 1 or 2 on your wiimote? if nothing happens try what MrSw said.

the only ini files that have anything to do with the coverflow layout are in dev:/wiiflow/themes_lite/coverflows folder.
    either default.ini or the one named the same as the theme.

as for adjusting sourceflow's layout you need to go to main settings>source menu settings>adjust coverflow
    the other adjust coverflow may not properly edit sourceflow.
    sourceflow will either use _coverflow or _smallflow.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted