1. d8thstar

OP d8thstar Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    hi all,

i was able to get my buddies machine done. final emu(s) to add are for arcade games. i hear retroarch is better for mame,cps1/2 than mane proper?

i have gotten retroarch to work thru hbc but the interface of having to select a core, etc., everything is text based.

is there any way to install arcade games and have them display like all my other emus with wiiflow? and instead of arcade brochures, i’d much rather use screen shots if possible.

last question, what file do i need to display game names proper, “donkey kong” instead of “dkong” for instance

if anyone has any solid wiiflow / arcade games tutorials, i’m all ears :)

thanks a ton every one!

2. d8thstar

Newcomer

United States
  3. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Regular

United States
    1st. Check out the very first page of @fledge68 WFL thread. Everything you need is available for download to setup.

2nd. Check out @Wiimpathy MAME 2003 Plus thread. Everything you need for Arcade is available for download.

3rd. Check out @Tetsuo Shima MAME 2003 Plus Compatibility thread. There you'll find a mostly complete list for game compatibility.

There is alot of content you need & help in these threads. You'll need the plugins_data installed for Arcade/Console/Computer titles.
    If you want to make your own custom titles, that information is available in these threads as well. I'll upload my custom_titles.ini for you to look/use so you can get an idea of the file structure. Not to complicated once you get into the swing of things.

Attached Files:

4. d8thstar

Newcomer

United States
    thanks man, i am starting to get things up and running!

curious about the plugins_data downloads, where might i get the arcade one from? i searched, came up blank...

RunningSnakes likes this.
  5. d8thstar

Newcomer

United States
    thank man! if i may, one more question? i am reading thru all you have sent by i am confusing myself the more i read :)

may main question, games work under specific mame cores (mameA, mameB, etc.). does that mean that each mame core under wiiflow would needs its own source? I would have say 5 source buttons for mame instead of all arcade mame games listed under one source button?

thanks again my friend!

6. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    Actually, to run all the games from the compatibility list you will need 14 Mame cores.
    But this doesn't mean you need 14 buttons in your source menu. That would be crazy.
    You can use multiple magic numbers (comma separated) for the same arcade button, like this example:
    Code:
    [BUTTON_0]
    autoboot=
    cat_page=1
    category=0
    image=ARCADE.png
    image_s=ARCADE.png
    magic=6d616d40,6d616d41,6d616d42,6d616d43,6d616d44,6d616d45,6d616d46,6d616d47,6d616d48,6d616d49,6d616d50,6d616d51,6d616d52,6d616d53
    source=plugin
    title=Arcades
    Obviously, each one of the mame cores will need its own plugin .ini with the appropriate magic number and separate romdir.

7. d8thstar

Newcomer

United States
    thanks man! i was having issues until i reread your post that said each cores roms need to be in their own folder.

curious if there are any resources to roms already grouped by cores? any tools that will move the files or just something i need to do manually?

thanks again guys!!!

8. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - retroarch, wiiflow, needed