Wiiflow 'No Partition Found'?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Lastly, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Lastly
    OP

Lastly Honorable UltimateAdmiin - Highest Rank

Aug 8, 2008
    United States
    This is a pending question, not a how to solve thread. Please help me by answering my question. I know the format look misleading.

Question:
    How do I make Wiiflow constantly search for a playable partition instead of a one time check? My old wii perfectly does this without any problem.

Introduction
    This is my third time hacking the Wii. The first two times, I never encountered any flaw of any sort. After selling my Wii, I decide to buy a launch-day Wii once again for a third time, and with a new 3TB Seagate Go Flex Drive with one partition for data and another for Wii, I was ready to test drive.

Reproducing The Issue
    I installed iOS and did the usual stuff, but when I boot on the latest version of Wiiflow, a gaint "No Partition Found" greets me. I turn it off and on over and over until I found a work around. It seems like Wiiflow is not constantly searching for a fat32 drive, but rather it check once and never does again until the next boot.

The "Temp" Work Around
    The temporary work around is:
    1. Turn on the Wii so the HDD can power on
    2. Turn it off to Yellow/Standby Mode so it remain power on.
    3. Turn it on to Green to play

My Conclusion
    It seems that power off/Red turn off the HDD. The HDD doesn't power on quickly enough for Wiiflow to search for it.

The Reward - The One And Only
    The handmade and exclusive GbaTemp Mask, containing a approximately 500 individual flawless diamonds that total more than 100 carats; there’s 53 additional diamonds in the back, and the earpiece is made of platinum, holding a single cut 7.4 carat pink diamond. And also, you get a cookie and cup of Root Beer with sprinkle of April Fool. Edit: This is a joke btw, but the question is not if you're thinking about that.

2. Lastly
    OP

Lastly Honorable UltimateAdmiin - Highest Rank

Aug 8, 2008
    United States
    Hate to double post, but I desperately need this answer after one month. Please lock this thread if this is a violation.

3. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    there are many ways to work around the issue

- use a differnt loader
    - use a different hdd (eg swap with one from your pc or friend/family)
    - wait in sysmenu or hbc till you hdd is spun up
    - create/ask for a channel/app that waits for some seconds and then loads wiiflow (crazyintro?)
    - create/ask for a real fix for wiiflow that actually does retry

4. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    Which wiiflow version do you use? And did you already try the latest 4.0.2 release I made yesterday?