Wiiflow no more GCN icon

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by NinoKuniWindWaker, Nov 22, 2013.

1. NinoKuniWindWaker
    OP

NinoKuniWindWaker Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2013
    Netherlands
    Hi everyone, recently got into Gamecube games. I have softmodded my Wii with the letterbomb exploit and helped a friend to soft mod his too. Being a zelda fan we both want to play the Windwaker on our Wiis.

TLDR; latest wiiflow 440 doesnt show the gc icon anymore, removed the app and copied a fresh versioj didnt resolve the problem, help appreciated.

We first tried Nintendont but after alot of crashes we both put some money together to buy the limited editon of the windwaker for 30 euro. Damn devolution. But in all fairness devolution made my experience playing the windwaker a whole lot better. Am able to play it with my wireless ps3 controller, yay.

Back to my friends wii, he has a 8gb sd card with and a usb station with all his games. At first wii flow did have the gc icon and he was able to play some other backups. His gc games are on his usb drive under games, within that folder each game folder is filled with an game.iso. At some point we started the wii, grabbed a beer and wanted to play the windwaker. Wiiflow didnt see the hard drive, we both have an usb drive with some sort of sleep function to save energy. We heared the usb drive boot up and tried to set the game partition within wiiflow. No luck, it would just see the sd card. We rebooted the wii and since then wiiflow does see the game partition with the wii games but the gcn icon is gone, we set the gc folder a dozen of time but still no luck. We then completly removed wiiflow from sd apps and root and put a fresh latest 440 back, still no luck.
    Help with this is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Edit to add. My friend now loads devolution through cfgloader, which oddly enough does see his gc games.
    We still would like to use wiiflow because of neat virtual memory card wiiflow has. We didnt find that feauture on cfgloader. So my friend is now using his physical gc memorycard to save his progression.

2. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Portland, Oregon
    To fix the gamecube logo not showing go into your apps folder in the wiiflow folder there is a file called wiiflow.ini where it says (dml always show button=no) Where it says no change it to yes.

3. NinoKuniWindWaker
    OP

NinoKuniWindWaker Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2013
    Netherlands
    Will try that, thank you!.