1. Guivas73

OP Guivas73 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just installed WiiFlow Lite and I'm having some trouble setting it up even though I already have USBLoaderGX up and running fine with no issues. My Wii and GC games I have on my harddrive show up and load fine but the box art for the gamecube games wont load, if I do each 1 individually it will load the box up but the dsi exception will show and it will reload. Is there a way for me to download all the cover art at once like I'm able to do in USBloaderGX?

Also I have all the plugins for the emulators but everyone I click says there's no rom folder, I'm not sure where to put the roms for the emulators or how to load it in general

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!

Hakaisha likes this.
  2. Hakaisha

Hakaisha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try out fledge68's latest build linked in his post near the bottom, and see if it helps with your cover downloading problem:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/page-32

For plugins, first make sure your Plugins Default Partition is correctly set to either SD or USB in WiiFlow's Game Partitions options, wherever your plugin games are found (click the on-screen gear button to find this menu).

If they still aren't showing up with the correct partition, make sure your plugin's rom directory is set correctly. The easiest way to determine and setup your rom destination path is to navigate to the Plugins folder found in your WiiFlow directory. You will find each plugin has its own DOL and INI file.

Open the INI file of the emulator you're having issues with, using a text editor program. The line "romdir=" should match the path of where your files are found. If not, simply modify the path to match the correct path of where your files are found. Or you can simply move your files to the destination where the INI file is already specifying, if that's easier. After modifying the path, save the INI file and try booting up WiiFlow again.

After you make any changes to WiiFlow Lite's Plugins or directories, it's a good rule of thumb to press Home and Reload Cache.

Guivas73 and fledge68 like this.
  3. Guivas73

United States
    where do I put the .dol file?

Hakaisha likes this.
  4. Hakaisha

Hakaisha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Navigate to the apps folder found in the root directory of your SD Card. Inside this folder you will find another folder named wiiflow_lite.

Open this folder, and replace the boot.dol with the newer, updated boot.dol.

Guivas73 likes this.
  5. Guivas73

United States
    What about game covers? I have a few N64 roms and they show up and play fine but there's no box art for the game. I downloaded the correct file but I not sure where to put it

Hakaisha likes this.
  6. Hakaisha

Hakaisha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can also determine and manage your cover directories using the same methods mentioned above.

Navigate to the Plugins folder found in your WiiFlow directory, and find the dol/ini file of the plugin you are having issues with. Open the INI file with a text editor and look for the line: coverfolder=

This line defines the name of the folder you'll be using to store your covers for this particular plugin. Type in a name you want to use for box covers pertaining to this plugin. Once you're done, save the INI and exit.

Example: coverfolder=wii64

Next, navigate to SD:/WiiFlow/boxcovers and create a new folder in this directory. Name it exactly the same name as the one you specified in the INI earlier. Load up all your covers for that plugin inside this new folder.

Now just boot up WiiFlow, load up the plugin, reload your cache and you should be set.

Guivas73 and fledge68 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Wiiflow, setup,