Hacking WiiFlow Keeps Resetting to Main Wii Screen

Diddy41

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I softmodded my WII following this guide and using the tools in this thread.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/modify-any-wii-4-3-below.171901/

I have to say very noob friendly and plug and play, especially that Wii Mod Batch.

So, apps such as Priiloader and emulators work. Nintendont even works. Able to play Gamecube games off the USB drive.

Yet, anytime I attempt to play an actual Wii game via WiiFlow. It acts like it is going to load, screen goes black, and then it resets back to the main original Wii screen where the channels are. This happens whether the game is on SD Card or via USB. The games are in wbfs format, if that makes a difference.

Where and how should I begin troubleshooting this issue?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you installed cIOS 249? That should be part of the WiiFlow installation guide

Edit: In case you don't know, cIOSs are required to run Wii games from either USB or SD. There is a guide on how to install them, as well as downloads for them, here: https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/wiki/How_To_Install

I personally recommend installing v8-final to IOS 249 base 56, that way you don't have to mess with EmuNAND compatibility should you wish to use it later

Diddy41

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii Mod Batch 3.0 says that was automatically done...isn't this correct?

From the thread
It should automatically start installing the neccesary cIOS, system menu protection and 236 (in case you need it down the road) wads you need.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii Mod Batch 3.0 says that was automatically done...isn't this correct?

From the thread
It should automatically start installing the neccesary cIOS, system menu protection and 236 (in case you need it down the road) wads you need.

Hold on, I may have missed that, I was skimming, but I'll read it again

Edit: Okay, I did miss that. Did they install correctly?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading the d2x installer, just to see which ones installed. If the guide is outdated, it will have installed hermie's cIOS 222 and the likes, which are outdated

dheltibridle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem when I downloaded Wiiflow. I got a couple of cIOS's from FIX94 that I installed (I found him by going to the wiiflow facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/WiiFlow). Then I had to delete my old WBFS's and reinstall them making sure that my WII was actually detecting my usb hard drive correctly (reload the cache before installing the game.) I noticed that the first time I used Wiiflow to install the games they installed rather quickly and were only about 4mb per game. The second time when I installed them it took quite a bit more time and the games were about 4gb. Hope this helps.

Diddy41

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I know the WBFS's are legit since I'm not installing them from discs and the files are already 1+ gigs. And homebrew is recognizing the USB drive when it plays roms such as gamecube.

How do I verify which cIOS's have been installed? Since this to my understanding would allow all apps and homebrew to play but not WII Games.

Diddy41

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here...What have I missed?

351igbd.jpg

Diddy41

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help...Not sure what the originally problem was...Yet, I found this 'batch' install....Whatever the problem was...it fixed it...link in description

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-