Wiiflow issues :(

BeatMaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to setup Wiiflow Lite using this guide, but when I finished it didn't find the ROMS in Wiiflow. I followed the tutorial exactly, and everything else works fine, but it can't find any ROMS for any of my retro consoles. Also, after that didn't work, I tried just going into FCEUGX manually to play some NES games, but then the console crashed.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, that guide has you enable the source menu in Wiiflow. Can you confirm that it's working? That is (different from the coverflow view) you have a screen with various consoles/types on it, and when you select one Wiiflow renders the coverflow for just that system. I think the default version always has Wii and Gamecube, so those two source menu buttons should be working.

Assuming all of the above is true, it's just that when you click on the retro console source menu buttons they come up blank, you may just need to configure the source menu. I use Maxternal's source menu editor available here https://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/ . The short version is: the source menu button must be programmed, using the editor, to point to the correct Wiiflow plugin (i.e. FCEUGX).

That wiiflow plugin (located in (/wiiflow/plugins/), the .dol file, is defined by its corresponding ini, which refers to the appropriate rom directory, and of course you have to actually put the roms there.

FCEUGX crashing is almost certainly a separate issue from anything in Wiiflow.

BeatMaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, that guide has you enable the source menu in Wiiflow. Can you confirm that it's working? That is (different from the coverflow view) you have a screen with various consoles/types on it, and when you select one Wiiflow renders the coverflow for just that system. I think the default version always has Wii and Gamecube, so those two source menu buttons should be working.

Assuming all of the above is true, it's just that when you click on the retro console source menu buttons they come up blank, you may just need to configure the source menu. I use Maxternal's source menu editor available here https://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/ . The short version is: the source menu button must be programmed, using the editor, to point to the correct Wiiflow plugin (i.e. FCEUGX).

That wiiflow plugin (located in (/wiiflow/plugins/), the .dol file, is defined by its corresponding ini, which refers to the appropriate rom directory, and of course you have to actually put the roms there.

FCEUGX crashing is almost certainly a separate issue from anything in Wiiflow.
To clarify: I do see the source menu, and even after editing it and reloading cache it still doesn't show any ROMS. I have also checked all the .ini files and put the ROMS in the right directories, so none of those things work. Also, I think the crash may be because I just installed iOS 80 on my vWii, so the forwarder might not work with it.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'm stumped. If you've got source menu working, and subsequently showing wii/gamecube games all correctly, and it's just older/retro consoles showing up blank in Wiiflow, there's *definitely* a source menu configuration issue involved. Even if all your "games" are fake - renamed text files - as long as they have the right extension and the wiiflow plugin inis match up, they should populate.

These missing retro games are on the same drive as the working gamecube/wii games right?

BeatMaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, they're on my SD. Maybe you could send your Wiiflow and roms folders so I could see if it's a mistake I made or something wrong with the system.

BeatMaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know that setting existed, and it was set to USB, but even after I changed it nothing happened. However, it did say "Total Games: 2147" instead of 200 like it did before. Also, I don't get something: sometimes when I'm pressing buttons in the menus, it shows me coverflow with a bunch of blank Wii games called random things, and also some homebrew stuff with corrupted covers. It's not in the source menu, and when I go to my Wii games or even Homebrew games it's not in either of those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo