Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible, added a sound (intro GC) on the zoom cover viewer at game (GC).
That would be nice but Gamecube games did not have "channels" or special animations that showed up when you inserted a disc. They just went right into the games. The only thing they had was a small animated icon for the save files that you could view from the memory card manager.

iAnn57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That would be nice but Gamecube games did not have "channels" or special animations that showed up when you inserted a disc. They just went right into the games. The only thing they had was a small animated icon for the save files that you could view from the memory card manager.
yes but I thought same one sound for all game GC, example music intro launched GameCube.

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you don't mean like this? YOUTUBE VIDEO HERE
@[member='themanuel']:
It's ready when it's ready :P
Hi FIX, Exactly like that man! How the heck do you DO that?!? I can't seem to make my WiiFlow do that and it's so frustrating!

On another note, regarding the cover downloading problem; I managed to fix the problem with my WiiFlow locking up when I tried to d/l covers! What I did was unplug my Nintendo Wii LAN adapter and use WiFi. Weird eh?! lol.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but I thought same one sound for all game GC, example music intro launched GameCube.
Oh, I see.
I also think having that option would be nice.

edpie24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone tell me how to download and add (NES) games to my sd card in my wii. the wii in moded and i have some games on there allready. I had a friend install them when I had him mod it for me, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me how to download and add (NES) games to my sd card in my wii. the wii in moded and i have some games on there allready. I had a friend install them when I had him mod it for me, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
You have to use an emulator (search google code for fceugx), or install the wads on an emulated nand on your SD card. If you are just starting out, go with the emulator option or make peace with your friend. Otherwise, you have a lot of reading to do.

edpie24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, he is the one that told me about this site when I spoke to him earlyer, just trying to do this myself thats all just a bit confused, I have my wii moded and have a usb hard drive connected with about 40 to 50 wii games on it that I down loaded from torrent sites. Is it possable to down load old (NES) games and install them the same way or do they have to go on the sd card?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, he is the one that told me about this site when I spoke to him earlyer, just trying to do this myself thats all just a bit confused, I have my wii moded and have a usb hard drive connected with about 40 to 50 wii games on it that I down loaded from torrent sites. Is it possable to down load old (NES) games and install them the same way or do they have to go on the sd card?
I'll try to help you as much as I can.
Which option you prefer of the following?
1) fceugx emulator: load a homebrew app that lets you play game roms, just like a PC-based emulator
2) load the games as channels: uses Nintendo released VC games (you can use wiiflow for this)

Option number two gives you access to almost every possible rom in existance and is easy to set up. It also offers several filtering options that Nintendon't, plus the ability to add vertical bars for proper aspect ratio on 16:9 TV's. In addition, it supports "freeze" type of save files that allow you to play and resume anywhere in the game and you can have more than one per game.
The only advantage I can think of for the VC option, is umm, well,... I'm not sure if there is one but I'll let other chime in. I personally use Wiiware only for N64 games, because the existing emulator for it, is not that well developed for some games and suffers some slowdowns.

I recommend downloading the emulator and getting some roms to try. It is much less of a hassle. The google code page provides a channel installer so that you can launch the emu from the Wii System Menu if your prefer. It can also be lunched from the Homebrew Channel.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi FIX, Exactly like that man! How the heck do you DO that?!? I can't seem to make my WiiFlow do that and it's so frustrating!

On another note, regarding the cover downloading problem; I managed to fix the problem with my WiiFlow locking up when I tried to d/l covers! What I did was unplug my Nintendo Wii LAN adapter and use WiFi. Weird eh?! lol.
It was not up and down, it was 1 and 2 on the wiimote ;)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I never used the filter so no idea :P But your lucky I tested wiitdb today so I can say you just need the extracted wiitdb.xml in sd/usb:/wiiflow/settings.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never used the filter so no idea :P But your lucky I tested wiitdb today so I can say you just need the extracted wiitdb.xml in sd/usb:/wiiflow/settings.
Thanks. That's where I had it yesterday. Now all I need to figure out is how the heck to get to it. The wiiflow xml file does not show a wiimote shortcut for the filters and I can't see it in any menus. I'll report back when I find it.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. That's where I had it yesterday. Now all I need to figure out is how the heck to get to it. The wiiflow xml file does not show a wiimote shortcut for the filters and I can't see it in any menus. I'll report back when I find it.
It's in global settings downloads gametdb.

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been away from the scene for awhile. Is there one good place to get a summary of the latest wiiflow & cios rev21dx2 news? Usually I could go to the first post of the topics, but these look pretty outdated.

I heard we now can call Wiiware installed in NAND, and dios mios lite support? That would rock...

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn