Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

sk8skanj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean by first and second? I tried it with the FAT32 being drive letter A and WBFS as drive letter W, but I did make the wbfs partition first.

Also I'm not that orginal poster, just find myself in the same situation

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm a bit surprised by the priority given to fat support. Seriously : is it such a big deal to have a wbfs hdd ? What's more, the wbfs tools are excellent...

On the other hand, the support for Hermes' cioses seems to me very important, because his work appears to be much more inovative and stable than Wanin's. What's more, I'm a Rock Band player, and for now, I can't play DLC without the latest Hermes CIOS with its horrible uLoader.

I undestood this unity thing : one wiiflow to rule them all, but I still think that FAT32 support priority has been chosen because at that time, there was nothing else to add ;-) Time has changed.

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tetram said:
I'm a bit surprised by the priority given to fat support. Seriously : is it such a big deal to have a wbfs hdd ? What's more, the wbfs tools are excellent...

On the other hand, the support for Hermes' cioses seems to me very important, because his work appears to be much more inovative and stable than Wanin's. What's more, I'm a Rock Band player, and for now, I can't play DLC without the latest Hermes CIOS with its horrible uLoader.

I undestood this unity thing : one wiiflow to rule them all, but I still think that FAT32 support priority has been chosen because at that time, there was nothing else to add ;-) Time has changed.

I think same as you. But we are only two and now we are the minority. For this reason i have made a little implementation of cioses v5. Yes, the uloader version is more complete, emulator for savegame, VCWare loader and others, but for this support i think we must wait for a long time.

In any case we must thanks r-win for his effort and hope that he can assure it for the future.

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
xabby666 said:
In any case we must thanks r-win for his effort and hope that he can assure it for the future.

Yes ! of course ! I didn't want to be a lamer or something. It is a great job that has been done by r-win and all the team !
Btw, while I see you, I wanted to thank you for your special build : grazie mille !

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
sk8skanj said:
what do you mean by first and second? I tried it with the FAT32 being drive letter A and WBFS as drive letter W, but I did make the wbfs partition first.

Also I'm not that orginal poster, just find myself in the same situation

your FAT partition needs to be the first partition when repartitioning the drive in two, which has nothing to do with drives letter as your first partition could be Z:/ and the second could have F:/ just because its in alphabetical order doesn't meant its the first partition in the table

1TB drive split in 2

When making a partition delete the old one/ones which will leave you with 1 un-partitioned/un-formatted drive.....

Make a new FAT32 partition 500GB in size(half the total drive size), this will be the first partition, once done you will then have 1 partitioned section... with say G:/ as the drive letter and a 500GB section still un-partitioned......

Now select the un-partitioned drive and also make this a 500GB FAT32 partition, this with then be the second FAT32 partition with say the new drive letter N:/.

Now in a WBFS manager/USB Loader when creating a WBFS partition select the second N:/ partition to be formatted to WBFS as you want other home-brew apps to still be able to see and runs apps and what not of the first FAT partition

alot of partitions there lol

sk8skanj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a feeling thats what you meant. I already have like 80 gigs of stuff on my wbfs so I'm probably just going to deal with wasting an SD card because I don't feel like backing all that up.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xabby666 said:
Tetram said:

I think same as you. But we are only two and now we are the minority. For this reason i have made a little implementation of cioses v5. Yes, the uloader version is more complete, emulator for savegame, VCWare loader and others, but for this support i think we must wait for a long time.

we are three. thanks for the effort. i appreciate it.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to let you guys know , I am mess around with the WIIFLOW NTFS from r-win and its going good, I just got one code dump so far .. I think he is fixing it already .. just lettin you guys now NTFS is running good

Fusio9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
djbubba2002 said:
Just to let you guys know , I am mess around with the WIIFLOW NTFS from r-win and its going good, I just got one code dump so far .. I think he is fixing it already .. just lettin you guys now NTFS is running good
this makes my day
biggrin.gif

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
All of my games are in
USB:wbfs/game name [ID]/ID.wbfs

that is how i have mine set up on NTFS ..

You have to use 222 for NTFS

But let R-win do his job and when he does release it , it will be a good loader ..

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
djbubba2002 said:
All of my games are in

But let R-win do his job and when he does release it , it will be a good loader ..

There is some other fix or only fat/ntfs support ?

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xabby666 said:
djbubba2002 said:
All of my games are in

There is some other fix or only fat/ntfs support ?

i dont think anything needs fixing (not counting the problem with same HDD's)

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question, i helped some1 softmod his wii and install wiiflow (over skype...). He has a verbatim HDD, usb powered, when he starts wiiflow it throws a DSI error. Could it be i need to reinstall something to fix this? Please give me some options to try

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think xabby666 was reffering to other works being incorporated into the main 1 wiiflow, like his Cios 222V5 support and vip's fixes perhaps.

@ Spidy its tough to say without knowing how you softmodded but in general i would make sure you have the proper cIOS's installed and start with a fresh/new install of wiiflow, I've never had wiiflow code dump on me once

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Skater4599 said:
I think xabby666 was reffering to other works being incorporated into the main 1 wiiflow, like his Cios 222V5 support and vip's fixes perhaps.

@ Spidy its tough to say without knowing how you softmodded but in general i would make sure you have the proper cIOS's installed and start with a fresh/new install of wiiflow, I've never had wiiflow code dump on me once

I have found bug in cheat code management, like the impossibility to return to off the code enabled and applied one time. I've made some othe bugfix and optimization to my hermes v5 version, but i don't release now because i hope i can implement in the next offical release if there is no support for this cios.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats great news xabby666! Perhaps you can join the google code and be an official dev too, i did notice that bug in cheat management. Did you fix the problem r-win said was with the V5 compatibility so he can use it? ^^

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Skater4599 said:
Thats great news xabby666! Perhaps you can join the google code and be an official dev too, i did notice that bug in cheat management. Did you fix the problem r-win said was with the V5 compatibility so he can use it? ^^
My english is too bad. I said that i hope r-win fixed cheat bug. I'va found little problem with my implementation, and i've fixed them, relatively cios v5 implementation (one of this is that if you start wiiflow without a hd attached then if you attach it wiiflow give a -1 error, and another with setting disable ios reload to on). If next releas don't support v5 i want work for this support and release sources to r-win for his evaluation.
closedeyes.gif

2lux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can you make compatibility with .ciso/.wbi image files ? (like uloader ?)

( .ciso and .wbi are the same think)

sorry for my bad english im french

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
2lux said:
can you make compatibility with .ciso/.wbi image files ? (like uloader ?)

( .ciso and .wbi are the same think)

sorry for my bad english im french

I'm not an official developer, r-win it's working on this project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU