Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiiwah said:
It is a pleasure to see some updates Wiiflow.

Do you think adding the option "category" coded by VIP ?
Personally, I have made my categories for WiiWare, VC, HB and Wii games.

And good luck for the integration of FAT / NTFS support.

How did you get this working? I've only seen in the game settings you can turn category 1-11 on/off but how do you sort it and/or name the category's to have Homebrew/Wii Games/etc?

I had expected buttons on the front game list named with categories you have assigned but i dont see them either lol, maybe im wrong though
smile.gif

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
wii knee said:
I guess I'll post this on the google code page if there's a wiki section for reporting errors, but wanted to share this:

Occasionally when using wiiflow, after selecting a game, the system hangs at the loading screen (just before safety screen) and rebooting both the hdd and wii does not resolve this.

I actually have to put a disc in the drive and load it, then quit back to Wii menu before I find that the issue has resolved itself in wiiflow so that I can once again load without probs.

Strange, but true.

Sincerely,
Not the left knee or the right knee, but the
WiiKnee

Are you using IOS 249 rev 13 by any chance

By George, I think that's it!

If I may ask about a fix...which rev should I use?

Thanking you in advance!

lazydog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
How did you get this working? I've only seen in the game settings you can turn category 1-11 on/off but how do you sort it and/or name the category's to have Homebrew/Wii Games/etc?

I had expected buttons on the front game list named with categories you have assigned but i dont see them either lol, maybe im wrong though smile.gif

I had a quick go and thought the same, only I imagined that you would click the Favourite star perhaps?, the first time it would filter on favourites and then further clicks would iterate through the categories bringing up the categroy name somewhere near the star. I wanted this to have all of the kareoke / sing it stars together.

I'm still a way off being able to contribute yet...

Jiiwah

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Skater4599 said:

I had expected buttons on the front game list named with categories you have assigned but i dont see them either lol, maybe im wrong though
smile.gif

To see ISOs by category, just click Favorite icon with B button.

To rename categories, edit language.ini

I like his System screen too. With rev of Wiiflow, free space on HDD and IOS used.

VIP updated his WiiflowPatch, but no news here. To get it, put boot.dol in wiiflowpatch folder and update ( ? (icon) - System - Update)

wink.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Jiiwah! Gonna try it out now, i do like his system screen as well but i dont really care to see blocks free on the hdd instead id love to see GB free of how many total, and also a game size in the settings screen of each game.

Anyway gonna go try it out now thanks again

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL i spoke to soon on my last post! i downloaded the update rev10 of vip patch and the blocks were changed to GB free, its great! And i did figure out the category's as well
smile.gif

This is great wiiflow is being worked on but isnt vip a google code submitter now? PLEASE everyone centralize your updates so we can have one good wiiflow with everything
biggrin.gif

Jiiwah

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Skater4599 said:
This is great wiiflow is being worked on but isnt vip a google code submitter now? PLEASE everyone centralize your updates so we can have one good wiiflow with everything
biggrin.gif

I agree

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
uberbdon said:
how 'bout that FreeAgent support, eh?

dude your constant hounding about FreeAgent support will only make the new devs ignore you the more you go on about it, youve been pestering for about 3-4 pages ive read now and it getting quite annoying, either get a different HDD, code it yourself as you think its so easy or just wait

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
uberbdon said:

dude your constant hounding about FreeAgent support will only make the new devs ignore you the more you go on about it, youve been pestering for about 3-4 pages ive read now and it getting quite annoying, either get a different HDD, code it yourself as you think its so easy or just wait

according to Wiinero, its a simple fix (to those who know how to code).

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uberbdon said:
pepxl said:
uberbdon said:

according to Wiinero, its a simple fix (to those who know how to code).

it's open source, type the fix in yourself.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
uberbdon said:

+1

btw...is VIP a commiter? I really enjoyed his rev. Seemed a perfect beta. Would like to see more of his skills on this.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pakatus said:
btw...is VIP a commiter? I really enjoyed his rev. Seemed a perfect beta. Would like to see more of his skills on this.
Yes, I gave him access to our google code repository. It seems a bit of a waste to not implement his changes in the regular releases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: