Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not totally sure if this would work but you could put the flashdrive for GC in port 0 then put the Wii games external drive in port 1, turn on multi-source feature in startup option then use multi-source to view both.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
both retro dols for cps work flawless here (cps1 core and fba core) cps roms don't need bios only neogeo and pgm do
Actually I've just tried these out myself and get a code dump on every CPS1 & 2 game (not tried any of these for ages!) - yet Neo Geo and the other non-CPS1,2 games all run fine... just re-downloaded the dols from your extracted set, made sure the inis were pointing in the right direction, cache reload etc etc, still the same....

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are there any plans to add the option to read from either USB port when selecting game partition? I.E. SD, USB1 or USB2. I have an external hard drive that's incompatible with DIOS MIOS, and a small flash drive that is compatible. My dream would be to have both plugged into my Wii and use the external hard drive for everything but DIOS MIOS which would be covered by the flash drive. I know Wiiflow can read from 1 or the other USB ports with d2x-10 alt installed, and USB Loader GX reads from both ports simultaneously, so are there any plans to add this feature to Wiiflow?

i believe you can do this, im not positive but i think its under startup options. make wiiflow use usb2, install DM and it should use usb1 for that as it is only possible with usb1 for gamecube games.

I'm not totally sure if this would work but you could put the flashdrive for GC in port 0 then put the Wii games external drive in port 1, turn on multi-source feature in startup option then use multi-source to view both.

Don't forget to use d2x v10 alt or else the wiiflow option does nothing..

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Precisely! Very important info I left out. Without that D2X installed no method u try will work. So make sure to install d2x-v10r53-alt first. U can use the d2x cIOS installer or ModMii advanced d/loads to build the WADS. Enjoy and happy gaming.

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Mark D.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but you confuse me, Dios Mios sort of has a build in IOS and doesn't need any other IOS to work, the only other thing DM(L) needs is a clean BC ios.

On the other hand to play ww/vc without the use of Neek you do have to have d2x v8 or higher installed with a base 56, preferrably on slot 249.
There are also some older cIOSes that work with ww/vc, but i do not want to complicate things.

So, assuming you have the right cIOS setup, maybe an old file in your wiiflow setup is causing the code dump. Deleting the gameconfig ini files in the settings folder might help..

ok so tried deleting gameconfig but still no luck now it does a breaf stack dump screen then goes to black screen

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble installing my games. I've got a black Wii. Normally, I get the DSI time out error. But one time, Super Paper Mario downloaded to 100%, but I had to turn off my Wii and turn it back on for it to show.

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe you can do this, im not positive but i think its under startup options. make wiiflow use usb2, install DM and it should use usb1 for that as it is only possible with usb1 for gamecube games.

i believe bostonBC has this config.

I tried this, but it's still having trouble. When I have the flash drive plugged into the port closest to the edge of the console (port 0 I believe), and the Hard drive plugged into port 1, it only will read from the hard drive. It gives me the option to select USB1, USB2 or SD, but no matter what I pick, no games will show up when I'm looking at gamecube. If I switch the two drives, it will only read data from the flash drive, and I can't get to wii games on my hard drive. Also, it only lets me choose USB1 or SD for source. I've also noticed, DM Booter isn't even able to find gamecube games on a flash drive in port 0, when a my HDD is in port 1. Removing the HDD from port 1 allows me to boot the games in DM Booter though.

Any know why DM is working this way or any idea where to go from here? I am using d2x v10 alt from ModMii

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok so tried deleting gameconfig but still no luck now it does a breaf stack dump screen then goes to black screen
Ok, i am out of ideas here, does somebody else maybe has some more advise?
Only thing i can think of now is building it up slowly again, starting with reinstalling your cIOS.
I am having trouble installing my games. I've got a black Wii. Normally, I get the DSI time out error. But one time, Super Paper Mario downloaded to 100%, but I had to turn off my Wii and turn it back on for it to show.
Installing/ripping games with wiiflow has always been a problem for some people...but it should be better with the latest wiiflow build.
If you go a few posts back, you will see a 4.2.1 RC1 from Fix94, i suggest you try it with that wiiflow build.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe he said it works in USBLoader-GX though. Try this With your flash drive inserted in Port 0 start up wiiflow go to your GameCube games in settings choose a global Loader (DML/Devolution, not auto) then insert your HDD try to view your Wii games. If it hasn't recognized the HDD is inserted remount devices by rebooting WiiFlow (hold down B then hit Home 2x.) then try it again.

If its still a no go then crate an issue on the google code page, if fix94 has some time maybe he'll put it on his plate.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Actually I've just tried these out myself and get a code dump on every CPS1 & 2 game (not tried any of these for ages!) - yet Neo Geo and the other non-CPS1,2 games all run fine... just re-downloaded the dols from your extracted set, made sure the inis were pointing in the right direction, cache reload etc etc, still the same....
Hmm everything's fine over here, Abz might have to re-up his pack, it's possible some files might have gotten corrupted during an upload.
I just replaced cps1/2 and alpha dols with the ones on my SD
they have same size date md5 and everything, so I have no idea what's wrong
P.S> I'm using custom titles for those game if that matters

if you wanna see if the new files make a difference (which I doubt) check them out here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o1avc4ubnj7ggvq/zORSWaxlmf
otherwise delete gameconfig files in your settings folder and try again

Custom titles file for arcade roms can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldbdbrx2s9uvgu8/custom_titles.ini

Reactions: MassiveRican

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cheers for the help Abz, but alas no dice after trying them all... honestly though I've not touched them for ages anyway, and they do work for me through RA via the HBC (just checked). Also, I'm on Wii U here, though I've also got a Wii on another TV in the house, and CPS2 games work through Wiiflow on that - wtf etc....:lol:
No biggie anyway! Using the Wii U on my main TV means no autobooting into Wiiflow anyway, so I can simply play CPS1/2 games via the emu itself.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i believe bostonBC has this config.

Yes I've done that with my larger drives holding the Wii games and a smaller 1TB portable with the GC games. Works nicely.

I'm seeing more 2TB drives hit the market (all the new Seagates) with advanced formatting so it may not be long before DM won't run with most drives. Hopefully they will update it to support drives with > 512K byte sectors.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This keeps happening to me. It literally just freezes

how long are you waiting for it to unfreeze? I have a general rule if it seems like its been too long, wait another 60 seconds.

try deleting the cache or even just reloading the cache through Wiiflow. Does this happen in other flow modes, like GC / Channels / Plugins?

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I left it on for about 20 minutes and it did nothing. I cleared the cache a few times already.

It happens once in a while, and it happens randomly. I never had these problems before either until I updated

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which rev pBullet?

3MBu4RX.png

yi9pHYy.png

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice