Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Briken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to change something in the wiiflow ini? Any help would be great!
Hello

What I would advise you try if possible... move the Nand from sd to usb drive, change emunand partition setting to 1 and let me know if it works...
(I think its a bug, it should work if nand on usb but doesn't if nand on sd).

Please could you let me know how you get on?
Its just I have tested this as much as I can myself but I still need confirmation and if you could provide it, I'd appreciate it.

The issue info http://code.google.c...es/detail?id=95
(Feel free to add your findings/comment/info, it may help the developers :) )

As far as the other issue you mentioned, extracting nand from wii using wiiflow... it should work but first load wiiflow and select "games [usb]" coverflow, then from the settings choose extract nand.
(If I try to extract it from any coverflow other than "games [usb]" it fails exactly like it did when you tried. I have not reported this yet as I don't have much more info. I need to test/mess about more so I know exactly where this fails or succeeds etc).

Cheers.

Thank you for your feedback. I will report back once I try your suggestions.

Update - I was able to get Wiiflow to read from my emulated nand from usb with the steps you mentioned, but not from sd. VC games load fine, but when I try to load a wiiware game it gives me an error that says "The system files are corrupted, refer to the wii operations manual for further instructions". I have to do a hard reset to get back into wiiflow. Any ideas?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix - thanks again for all the hard work. I know you probably have a ton of features/cool ideas but I would like to propose one that will make our lives a bit easier.

Could a simple WiiFlow.ini edit screen be added somewhere in the settings menu? It is a real PITA to have to plug in the hard disk to the PC and edit it there for items that you can't manually change on the settings screen.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

Have a great weekend!

Reactions: 1 person

Briken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to change something in the wiiflow ini? Any help would be great!
Hello

What I would advise you try if possible... move the Nand from sd to usb drive, change emunand partition setting to 1 and let me know if it works...
(I think its a bug, it should work if nand on usb but doesn't if nand on sd).

Please could you let me know how you get on?
Its just I have tested this as much as I can myself but I still need confirmation and if you could provide it, I'd appreciate it.

The issue info http://code.google.c...es/detail?id=95
(Feel free to add your findings/comment/info, it may help the developers :) )

As far as the other issue you mentioned, extracting nand from wii using wiiflow... it should work but first load wiiflow and select "games [usb]" coverflow, then from the settings choose extract nand.
(If I try to extract it from any coverflow other than "games [usb]" it fails exactly like it did when you tried. I have not reported this yet as I don't have much more info. I need to test/mess about more so I know exactly where this fails or succeeds etc).

Cheers.

Thank you for your feedback. I will report back once I try your suggestions.

Update - I was able to get Wiiflow to read from my emulated nand from usb with the steps you mentioned, but not from sd. VC games load fine, but when I try to load a wiiware game it gives me an error that says "The system files are corrupted, refer to the wii operations manual for further instructions". I have to do a hard reset to get back into wiiflow. Any ideas?

Update - Everything works fine from USB. I had originally extracted my nand with bootmii. I went ahead and extracted it with wiiflow and now it shows my games from emulated nand and plays both vc and wiiware from usb. No luck though with SD. Thanks for your help!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Could a simple WiiFlow.ini edit screen be added somewhere in the settings menu? It is a real PITA to have to plug in the hard disk to the PC and edit it there for items that you can't manually change on the settings screen.
I just always edit it in WiiXplorer but that's also kinda a pain since I don't have a USB keyboard so I have to use the soft keyboard ... although I assume it would be the same situation if it were added to WiiFlow ... noobs could really destroy things, too.

What I did the last time I made an edit, actually, was turn on the FTP in WiiXplorer, copy the file to the PC to use a real keyboard and then sent it back with the edits. Just a couple of potential workarounds.

EDIT : I think WiiXplorer can also SMB share which might be even easier but I haven't really looked into how to set that up.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having problems getting to the emulation screens with r548? I get the plugins screen listing the different game types but when I click one it hangs... no code dump - just a hang on all the plugins. And yes I have updated to the v4 plugin pack. It was working with an earlier rev... will have to step back and see where it stopped working unless someone else can confirm it's working for them now.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
use this video.cpp, changes are merged when updating source from svn, video.ccp at rev545

Add these to your data/images folder and replace current images

http://www.mediafire...4nawzj3h4oc8w5t

video.ccp is located in source/gui
@[member='pepxl'], hey sorry bud I just got a chance to d/load the images but Mediafire has it blocked for some kind of violation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw