Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Briken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

I have been following this post since Janaury and the efforts everyone has made on WiiFlow is incredible. I am so happy with my set-up with the emulator plugins and source buttons! I have a couple of questions that I was unable to get answered looking through all the past posts. Hopefully one of the gueros on her will be able to help me out.

1rst, mastershoes, you have an incredible setup that I have been trying to emulate, and so far I am about half way there. The question I have is that you seem to have covers for pretty much all NES, SNES, GBA, etc set up in your WiiFLow. I downloaded the covers from your post and went to other sites, but have had no luck getting a solid complete set like yours. Is there a particular site that you can direct me to?

2nd, After watching your video, it looks like you have plugins set up for TG16, 2600, etc. that are not included in the plugins pack. Are these ones that you created for yourself? If so, is there any way that you could post them?

Last, I set up WiiFLow for movies using mplayer, is there a way to turn off subtitles?

Any help you guys can give would be great!

Thank you to all for your efforts at creating such an amazing video game interface!!!

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i said before but i guess i'm not in the "IT" club... why not make a neek2o plugin. i know all the games on emulated nand work for me, seeing as i have all the current games that are vc/wiiware. the all load an run.(if they didn't i wouldn't have wasted my time turning my nands into emulators in a sense.) yeah might be a pain in the ass to some. but it works an at this point seems to be the better of the solutions.

Reactions: 2 people

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

I have been following this post since Janaury and the efforts everyone has made on WiiFlow is incredible. I am so happy with my set-up with the emulator plugins and source buttons! I have a couple of questions that I was unable to get answered looking through all the past posts. Hopefully one of the gueros on her will be able to help me out.

1rst, mastershoes, you have an incredible setup that I have been trying to emulate, and so far I am about half way there. The question I have is that you seem to have covers for pretty much all NES, SNES, GBA, etc set up in your WiiFLow. I downloaded the covers from your post and went to other sites, but have had no luck getting a solid complete set like yours. Is there a particular site that you can direct me to?

2nd, After watching your video, it looks like you have plugins set up for TG16, 2600, etc. that are not included in the plugins pack. Are these ones that you created for yourself? If so, is there any way that you could post them?

Last, I set up WiiFLow for movies using mplayer, is there a way to turn off subtitles?

Thank you to all for your efforts at creating such an amazing video game interface!!!

Hey man, well first off, i haven't got any more complete of sets than I've shared here.. Thing is I keep my roms without covers seperate and out of wiiflow, i kind of use it as a list of things to be made yet, so I'll add them in as i put them together. Having no empty slots just gives the illusion that it's complete.

As for the emu's... My 2600, 7800, coleco, and intellivison plugins do not launch roms. I merely set it up while putting together cover sets, so that if a .dol plugin is released for any of those, all i have to do is drop it in the plugin's folder, rename it, and it's good to go. AND... TG16 IS supported... I split up everything that mednafen emulates with seperate .ini's so that i could load each system seperately that wasn't already covered. (neogeo pocket, atari lynx, tg16, tgcd, wonderswan, pcfx)

Briken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

Hey man, well first off, i haven't got any more complete of sets than I've shared here.. Thing is I keep my roms without covers seperate and out of wiiflow, i kind of use it as a list of things to be made yet, so I'll add them in as i put them together. Having no empty slots just gives the illusion that it's complete.

As for the emu's... My 2600, 7800, coleco, and intellivison plugins do not launch roms. I merely set it up while putting together cover sets, so that if a .dol plugin is released for any of those, all i have to do is drop it in the plugin's folder, rename it, and it's good to go. AND... TG16 IS supported... I split up everything that mednafen emulates with seperate .ini's so that i could load each system seperately that wasn't already covered. (neogeo pocket, atari lynx, tg16, tgcd, wonderswan, pcfx)
Thanks for the reply! That makes sense and a good idea to keep it clean. I hate all those empty ? marked boxes. :)

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I have been away from this project for a bit. 2 different WiiFlows? Emuflow? MPlayer capabilities within Wiiflow? Emulator covers? :blink:

Anyone wanna try and help get me to step 1 again?

To be quite honest, with all the changes and separations... why is this same damn thread being used when the first post can't ever be updated? I mean, would be nice to get some sort of update page and new FAQ and fictions. :P Its great to hear so many new things happening, but wow... catching up would be a lot easier with a new thread.

Reactions: 3 people

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I have been away from this project for a bit. 2 different WiiFlows? Emuflow? MPlayer capabilities within Wiiflow? Emulator covers? :blink:

Anyone wanna try and help get me to step 1 again?

To be quite honest, with all the changes and separations... why is this same damn thread being used when the first post can't ever be updated? I mean, would be nice to get some sort of update page and new FAQ and fictions. :P Its great to hear so many new things happening, but wow... catching up would be a lot easier with a new thread.
Yeah I agree. 495 pages is just a little crazy considering their has been countless changes between WiiFlow and its capabilities. Pretty f'kn epic if you ask me.

Reactions: 2 people

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
as i said before but i guess i'm not in the "IT" club... why not make a neek2o plugin. i know all the games on emulated nand work for me, seeing as i have all the current games that are vc/wiiware. the all load an run.(if they didn't i wouldn't have wasted my time turning my nands into emulators in a sense.) yeah might be a pain in the ass to some. but it works an at this point seems to be the better of the solutions.
Actually, that does seem like a really simple, straightforward solution to the emu-nand problems. Just replace it with a neek2o plugin to directly boot each channel (I'm not sure if it's that simple to code behind the scenes but the concept sounds straightforward enough.)

For now (correct me if I'm wrong) but wouldn't any DOL that you put in the "plugins" folder with an INI, be run when you open something from the right emu-flow?
You could always use that to rig some sort of shortcut to neek2o or other programs for the meantime ... (or you could get to it with the homebrew menu for that matter. I think that would be easier.) but definitely like the neek2o plugin idea.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
A little help with this,
With r431 I've been trying to get this working where each plugin has it's own coverflow setup assigned to it in each of the different themes.
In the source_menu.ini example file on googlecode and those included in some of the source menu's people have put together and posted here, near the bottom there's an example configuration but changing the numbers there doesn't seem to do anything for me.

In the "plugin" folder I've tried changing the name of the DOL file, the INI and even name of the cover folder so they all match up and fit with the [HEADINGS] in the source_menu.ini file and they still don't seem to recognize them or at least the settings changed there have no effect.

Also, I've had no luck changing the cover color in the individual INI files for the plugins. No matter what value I put there it always ends up staying the default.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, that does seem like a really simple, straightforward solution to the emu-nand problems. Just replace it with a neek2o plugin to directly boot each channel (I'm not sure if it's that simple to code behind the scenes but the concept sounds straightforward enough.)

For now (correct me if I'm wrong) but wouldn't any DOL that you put in the "plugins" folder with an INI, be run when you open something from the right emu-flow?
You could always use that to rig some sort of shortcut to neek2o or other programs for the meantime ... (or you could get to it with the homebrew menu for that matter. I think that would be easier.) but definitely like the neek2o plugin idea.
well i'm no coder but i would think the dol used for channels would work.(haven't made one of those i awhile so can't remember the dol name).. plus i notice all the plug in dols/ini. have a "magic number" so not sure how to do that. just wish i could get my covers to load in my mplayer. for the life of me can't get them to show. no matter the lenght i go.(reinstalling every thing, putting the "cover" folder ever were/ downloading every emu cover using those as covers.). anyway.. got to start my shift in 45 min.( yeah12hr work schedule.)
Also, I've had no luck changing the cover color in the individual INI files for the plugins. No matter what value I put there it always ends up staying the default.
i've managed to get the covers in my mplayer to be black, haven't tried different colors yet other then that one, i have all my covers black. even in normal wiiflow.(game covers)

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The setup was changed when FIX went to the source menu from the startup menu. You can now put emuflow= at the bottom of each button instead of all the way at the bottom of the ini

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
well i'm no coder but i would think the dol used for channels would work.(haven't made one of those i awhile so can't remember the dol name).. plus i notice all the plug in dols/ini. have a "magic number" so not sure how to do that. just wish i could get my covers to load in my mplayer. for the life of me can't get them to show. no matter the lenght i go.(reinstalling every thing, putting the "cover" folder ever were/ downloading every emu cover using those as covers.). anyway.. got to start my shift in 45 min.( yeah12hr work schedule.)
If I understand right, you're getting the videos showing up in wiiflow but they have no covers ... do covers show up for emulators and other plugins?
I think if you haven't changed anything in the INI file for the plugin, the PNG files should go in /wiiflow/covers/mplayerce/ for the front covers and in /wiiflow/boxcovers/mplayerce/ for full covers and should be named something like "movie-name.AVI.png".

It sounds like you've tried everything you can think of but just in case, it's always good to start with the basics.

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The setup was changed when FIX went to the source menu from the startup menu. You can now put emuflow= at the bottom of each button instead of all the way at the bottom of the ini
Cool, does that mean it will use the same emuflow number for all the themes? (I know with [member='fledge68']/[member='mastershoes']/[member='jiiwah']'s theme pack they're all pretty much the same number but just wondering.)
Yes, that is correct sir!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah! I got emunand wiiware games working! Thanks Masterjakeway and Overjoy! Used r448c2.dol by Overjoy via IRC. Was told he's still working out the kinks and will commit soon.

A couple of things - I know it's not finished yet but for some reason none of the games would return to wiiflow. They would go to the system menu and if i ran the wiiflow channel wiiflow wouldn't start so I had to turn off and on my wii and start wiiflow again.

second - at first the games wouldn't work. How i got them to work was in usb wii view went to config menu nand settings and set to full and then channel view did the same thing and each game has to be set to use ios 249. but after that it didn't seem to matter what nand settings were set on just so long as they use ios 249 - strange. As for ios 249 - I have d2x9 installed on 249 and 250, the others are d2x8.

edit - I noticed the background music doens't work - guess Fix will have to fix that again. :)

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hi chaps , my wiiflow has stopped working , it loads no problem and functions ok , just when a game is selected it errors to a dump screen. All was working fine until i added DML , neogamma , DML booter and a couple of delterro's channels. I know i havent detailed specifics on versions installed here , , CFG works fine (for wi games) wiiflow has stopped ..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1