Germany

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I've always thought it would be cool if Wiiflow could have done the same thing with homebrew, too, just grab the HBC banner and tack it onto a temporary Wiiflow box.
http://code.google.c...urce/detail?r=8 :P
You can download HQ gamecube covers already directly via wiiflow :)
Wiiflow only works on real nand as well as the DML functions currently (but overjoy will help with emu nand soon ;))

Cool, the NAND / emuNAND option would let me still have a cMIOS for the disk button / homebrew and DML for my SD card. Also, I was missing the white box covers, thanks for bringing them back.

Edit: Quick question, should I be going for the latest dropbox version or the latest one on the google code page?

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix94 , Can you give a suggested setup for your current mod , for placement of folders where emulated nand on which drive or SD ,,, and DML ,, and what format the drives are in .. for everyone who is just setting wiiflow up for the first time..

update:
my setup is currently Fat32 first partition , homebrew , apps ,, emulated nand no longer works , only able to use real nand ,, unable to select and turn it on ,
Second partition is now NTSC , and wiiflow finally recongnized it as usb2 so now all games are working ,,, anyone else having trouble with 2 fat32 partitions,needs to convert to NTSC until this is fixed or would like to check out Fix94 new mod's

Thanks Fix94 for the cool and added feature of DML ..works great .

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Fix94 , Can you give a suggested setup for your current mod , for placement of folders where emulated nand on which drive or SD ,,, and DML ,, and what format the drives are in .. for everyone who is just setting wiiflow up for the first time..

update:
my setup is currently Fat32 first partition , homebrew , apps ,, emulated nand no longer works , only able to use real nand ,, unable to select and turn it on ,
Second partition is now NTSC , and wiiflow finally recongnized it as usb2 so now all games are working ,,, anyone else having trouble with 2 fat32 partitions,needs to convert to NTSC until this is fixed or would like to check out Fix94 new mod's

You do have to make sure that the fat32 is formatted with 32k clusters I think, at least for nand emulation, the my second fat32 partition that I used as games I formatted that way, too, just in case but it works for me.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my emulated nand is the one i made a year ago full dump for Mighty channels , wiiflow has always seen it and worked fine ,, up until i tried rev417 mod 18 ,,,
previous setup
fat32 apps, emulated nand ,working perfect
fat32 wii games ,, not working

new setup
Fat 32 , apps , emulated nand not working unable to change setting to emulated nand it is stuck on nand,, of my wii.. will not change to emulated or to select usb1
NTFS wii games seen and working ...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, yeah I noticed that too now, you can manually edit the wiiflow.ini, check out the "partition=" option, it may says -1 for you. For usb1 change it to 1.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

Hi fix94 I second this request as I've been attempting to get wiiflow to boot from my NTFS partition for a long time with no success. I followed the tips on wiiflowiki.com on how to setup drive/partitions for optimal wiiflow functionality:

Miigotu Says: I suggest a 2 partition setup, the first being fat32 of around 25GB, for your normal apps (other than wiiflow), and your emulated nand.
The second partition, formatted as NTFS should hold usb2:/apps/wiiflow, usb:/wiiflow, and usb2:/wbfs (your games). You dont want any wiiflow files on usb1 since your emulated nand is there and issues can occur if you try to emulate saves or nand while wiiflow is writing to configuraiton files on the same partition.
Q: How do I boot wiiflow from the hbc then?
A: Make a folder usb1:/apps/wiiflow-forwarder and put the priiloader forwarder in it as boot.dol, along with meta.xml and icon.png. This forwarder will find usb2:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol and launch wiiflow correctly.

However my wii just reboots back to SM every single time. Should I run scandisk on my ntfs partition? When I formatted partition to NTFS i left everything as default on easeus partition master. Was there a specific cluster I'm supposed to have formatted to? Unlikely, however I'm at my wits end with this. Wiiflow only works for me on my fat32 partition and the priiloader forwarders are not forwarding to my usb2:apps/wiiflow/boot.dol. Do i need to have a .ini in there, because I've tried that, I have also tried a fresh install with no .ini. Any suggestions?

Great work by the way on changes to Wiiflow, I'm relieved to see that development has continued since it had been so long since I've seen miigotu commit anything. Thanks for filling a big gap in my life lol, I need my wiiflow fix :yay: .

P.S. Is the bold a typo? Is it supposed to be usb2:/wiiflow or usb1:/wiiflow? I have my folder in usb2 and wiiflow reads games just fine as long as the apps obviously on usb1 in my case :(
I also made a forwarder dol with modmii for wiiflow v11c and and it still doesn't work. What do you think, maybe my HDD?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I would chime in here as I recently re-did my entire setup. I've gotten it working with 2 FAT32 partitions (32kb clusters). I also have it working with Fat32 (wiiflow/other apps) > Fat32 nand emu only (both 32kb clusters) and wbfs partition. I've had success by following a couple of rules. 1-Wiiflow cannot reside on the partition where your nand is being emulated off of. and also make sure the active partition is set properly (I put my active partition to the emu nand and it worked great)

I've been told for the emunand partition fat32 with 64kb clusters is a little faster but i have not tested it.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently converted my wbfs drive to a fat32 using a converter and at first it worked but after adding new games Wiiflow wont recognize the drive. CFG loads the partion just fine.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently converted my wbfs drive to a fat32 using a converter and at first it worked but after adding new games Wiiflow wont recognize the drive. CFG loads the partion just fine.
I did the same thing ,, if you want wiiflow to see them , i had to convert my fat32 to NTFS and then my games showed up ,, maybe they can fix this ,,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm going to melt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do people on YouTube keep making themselves glow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +1
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: omg same, it's VERY hot here, too