Hacking WiiConnect24 and HBC

mecenas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I finally gathered some courage and wanted to ask the real know-it-all's about my problem.

I have the exact same problem as the guy in this thread:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110528

Wii with 3.3U, hbc with dvd playback, etc. and I wanted to know if Nintendo will brick my wii if I accept the user agreement they make you read on the wii before (re)activating WiiConnect24.

On the other thread they say it's 100% safe but it may be because it's an old thread. . .and I want to make sure. I'm pretty scared of bricking it since it's my only gaming console!

or in any case, is there a workaround to activate wiiconnect24 and keeping wii funcionality intact?

thanks in advance!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiconnect24 is perfectly safe except for the fact that it can cause your wii to overheat because it is always on

SherlockHolmeboy

Trophies
Website
homebrefreeware.co.cc
XP
Country
I haven't had any problems with WiiConnect24, except that my Wii does get a little hot if I leave it on for too long. Don't worry, Nintendo won't do anything evil to your Wii just because you have HBC installed.
smile.gif

mecenas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SherlockHolmeboy said:
I haven't had any problems with WiiConnect24, except that my Wii does get a little hot if I leave it on for too long. Don't worry, Nintendo won't do anything evil to your Wii just because you have HBC installed.
smile.gif

So, in what cases does Nintendo brick your Wii? I still don't get it straight. . .

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mecenas said:
SherlockHolmeboy said:
smile.gif

So, in what cases does Nintendo brick your Wii? I still don't get it straight. . .
nintendo does not brick wii's
users do.

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo never purposely bricks your wii. An update to 4.2 has a very small possibility of bricking it, but that possibility exists for everyone, even people that have never messed with it.
If you do some deeper stuff like region changing or downgrading, you increase your possibility of a brick if you don't know what you are doing, but again, Nintendo never bricks you just for having some homebrew.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo won't intentionally brick your wii. The only time that an update will intentionally cause a wii to malfunction is if you update a region changed koren wii. You get the 003 error.

mecenas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok thanks for your help, everyone! I'll try activating Wiiconnect24 later .
Still, there ARE ways of unbricking a Wii, right?

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best way to unbrick a wii is to install bootmii as boot2 if you can, and make sure to make a nand backup. If you can't do that, your best bet is preloader. If you brick the wii and you don't have anything set up beforehand, it'll be hard/impossible to fix.

SherlockHolmeboy

Trophies
Website
homebrefreeware.co.cc
XP
Country
alexcalibur said:
The best way to unbrick a wii is to install bootmii as boot2 if you can, and make sure to make a nand backup. If you can't do that, your best bet is preloader. If you brick the wii and you don't have anything set up beforehand, it'll be hard/impossible to fix.

Hard, but not impossible (unless you delete the System Menu or its IOS.
tongue.gif
)

technosexual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not exactly wc24 that makes wiis blow up its the standby connection
you can have wc24 on and the standby connection off

thats how i have mine.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
mecenas said:
SherlockHolmeboy said:
smile.gif

users do.

lol..depends...
I've heard 4.2 did bricked virgin wii's.

mecenas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hmm my wii is on 3.3u with all the modifications. . . can I make a nand backup of that version for it to restore a black bricked wii with no problems?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pakatus said:
xzxero said:
mecenas said:
SherlockHolmeboy said:
smile.gif

users do.

lol..depends...
I've heard 4.2 did bricked virgin wii's.

...because of their shitty ES_ImportBoot code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn