djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rustybanana said:
A lot of the custom disk labels are from peeps on console-covers.com and are probably being used without their permission. Sadly when people start charging for others work the original artist stops work.
frown.gif

Is the site still down?

Just so you guys know , the covers are free, your paying for the ability to be able to mass download them from the site in one form or another , but when the site is back you will see that any cover you want is available free by clicking the region you want on the top menu and selecting the cover.

Its a good thing people still know how to do the covers with photoshop cause im not sure how long the site will be down - ticket is still pending.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rustybanana said:
Me waits for a few more covers to pop up. Ive got a lot hoarded away here somewhere so will be happy to contribute to another site
wink.gif

Hopefully the artists of the "borrowed" customs demand their work be removed.

LOL I wonder if anyone has stopped to think that the covers are copy written intellectual properties and using them like this may be every bit as much piracy as downloading the game ISOs - perhaps the publisher(s) complained and got the site taken down. Who cares about the feelings of the "artists" who ripped off the covers in the first place
biggrin.gif

Regardless I just set up a hosting account for the hell of it... not sure what I'll do there yet but I'd decided to open one anyways before all this... my godaddy acct only has 10gigs storage and you can get unlimited storage and bandwidth for next to nothing.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
gotta be careful with them unlimited bandwidth claims it's not all unlimited. soon as you use too much of their bandwidth they shut you down or put limits on you i've been through a lot of that in the past.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well , that would mean that any site that reviewed a game and posted the cover was breaking the copyrights - and all review sites post the game cover and some in game images - even this site.

If a complaint was made then it should be to the site contact and not the host.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
gotta be careful with them unlimited bandwidth claims it's not all unlimited. soon as you use too much of their bandwidth they shut you down or put limits on you i've been through a lot of that in the past.

exactly.
for any site that gets real traffic, its much better to pay for a set bandwidth than to go with those unlimited deals. They will force you to a dedicated box anyways and charge you even more.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They still have forbidden on the site so i logged a second ticket - its still set to an 'In Progress' state since i logged it - how hard can it be to get back to me it !!!!

grrrrrrrrr

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have logged 2 tickets on the support site - ill just wait for a reply - its 00.26 here so ill be sleeping now anyway

Ill check it in the morning.

rustybanana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice international phone call there! Dont forget its now sunday so most office based companys are pretty much shut
frown.gif

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a shitload of bandwidth and disk space. I'm going to try setting up an alternative hosting of the cover art just for the loaders.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just want to know why they think that a significant amount of people who are using USB Loaders (pirates, every last one of them and we all know it) are going to fork out any money to download just the cover images in order to hold a tiny bit of convenience.

I as well don't buy the TB argument coming from people downloading the covers from their Wiis. Seriously, once you download the images once, you're done, and it's going to be 20MB at most for most people (at less than 100KB a game). It's not like you have to constantly re-download all the covers...

I'm fairly confident that wherever the HBC downloads their software from gets more traffic, and that's still free with seemingly no complaints.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No one HAS TO fork out money to download anything - why do people keep saying that ? Its an option if you want to mass download , or at least it was when the site was there.
Every cover is still free and on the site for free to download without needing to resize or rename it like on the other sites mentioned.

People just got used to the zip feature i wrote and are bitching now because they cant zip any more unless the join.
If people think its their right to have any features they want on a site they need to think again.

The TB argument is totally true and i can assure you traffic dropped by 90% when the membership idea was brought in which meant people were downloading for the sake of it. Also HBC is smaller - check the size of the zips for the images and see how they look

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think people are missing the point here.

DJTAZ started this site VERY early on when the USB Loader's were first able to handle covers/disk images. I know, I was involved.

Now it is mainstream, so why does everyone think he should pay for hosting/bandwidth out of his own pocket (no matter the cost) so everyone can freeload off him?

Everyone saved $1000's of dollars on games, so donate $1 damn dollar to enable the featuree in your loader of choice (once they are all re-coded) ... otherwise go elsewhere and do the covers as it suits your cheap ass pocketbooks.

My god, I dont understand why all the whining.

Dont like the service that DJTAZ pays for out of his pocket, then go elsewhere. EASY !!!

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
I just want to know why they think that a significant amount of people who are using USB Loaders (pirates, every last one of them and we all know it) are going to fork out any money to download just the cover images in order to hold a tiny bit of convenience.

I as well don't buy the TB argument coming from people downloading the covers from their Wiis. Seriously, once you download the images once, you're done, and it's going to be 20MB at most for most people (at less than 100KB a game). It's not like you have to constantly re-download all the covers...

I'm fairly confident that wherever the HBC downloads their software from gets more traffic, and that's still free with seemingly no complaints.

actually you are only describing yourself.

I give money to support the torrent sites I go to as do many people. I mean why not? I might be too cheap to drop 50$ for every wii game but I am not so cheap that I refuse to drop 20$ a year to help support the sites i love so they don't die.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kosaic said:
I think people are missing the point here.

DJTAZ started this site VERY early on when the USB Loader's were first able to handle covers/disk images. I know, I was involved.

Now it is mainstream, so why does everyone think he should pay for hosting/bandwidth out of his own pocket (no matter the cost) so everyone can freeload off him?

Everyone saved $1000's of dollars on games, so donate $1 damn dollar to enable the featuree in your loader of choice (once they are all re-coded) ... otherwise go elsewhere and do the covers as it suits your cheap ass pocketbooks.

My god, I dont understand why all the whining.

Dont like the service that DJTAZ pays for out of his pocket, then go elsewhere. EASY !!!

Its even moreso that an Kosaic - the covers are all still free and in the correct format and size (as they can be resized ) on the site ,so people dont even have to go anywhere else , they can get all the covers on the site still free - they just have to do them one by one

They are only bitching cause they have to work.

So the choice is pay a dollar or click each cover u want..... if thats the worst of their problems they have it good.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
judgedee said:
....but I am not so cheap that I refuse to drop 20$ a year to help support the sites i love so they don't die.

Lol - ill find out if the boxart site died or not later on - and to be honest , since theres so much controversy about the site now , if the data has been lost , i dont think ill br rebuilding it - it took too long to code and ill be missing loads , and i can tell that only a few appreciated it , so i may just forget about the whole thing and let people manually resize them as they did before i started the site.

I hate spending hours and hours on codes for image resizing and changing formats and zipping files that dont yet exist on the server side to make life easy for people and to just get abuse for asking for a membership.

I think if anyone who was bitching saw how many hours i spent coding things they would shut the hell up fast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...