1. tentodgba

OP tentodgba Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello GBATEMP!

I have a wii that had a wiikey hardware installed in it since 2006 I believe. I see it says firmware is 3.2U. I also see a homebrew channel that says BETA 8. It's been over a decade and we started playing it again. But there are some games that require an update, but I've left the device offline. I recall even a decade ago, I was afraid to update. LOL!

In any case, are there tutorials for someone with my circumstances? To safely update this wii with the latest methods? Please advise, and thank you in advance.

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Use modmii, run the main wizard as if the console was never modded before and it will overwrite your older mods. Or use modmii's syscheck analyzer wizard, both will acccolpish the same thing in the end

3. tentodgba

OP tentodgba Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Could you hold my hands a little longer? LOL! Or, walk me to the front of the school, and then I'll find my way on campus. LOL!

I found this guide...

But do I update my wii to 4.3 or whatever is the latest first? It's safe to do that with wiikey present? If yes, after I update, is that guide a good one to follow?

BTW, Nintendo still serves these firmware for us to update in 2020?

Last edited by tentodgba, Jul 5, 2020
  4. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    jeannotte likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted