Wii #XXXX - Wario Land Shake (NUKED) (Japan)

gsarlis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
So how do we get this to work on a PAL Wii with Wiikey and 3.2E firmware?
biggrin.gif

vogueyouyou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_rula said:
No Trucha Signing or Gecko needed. Just add RegionFrii and Wiibrickblock (it hast 3.3J update) and it works fine on PAL
smile.gif

I have this question.Do RegionFrii and Wiibrickblock both work with 3.3E? I have unfortunately updated to 3.3E . I really want to play this game and can't wait 2 months untill the pal release.

The Dementor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just played the 1st stage on my Pal wii with Wiinja all I did was brickblocked it as it does contain 3.3 update.

As for the game seems pretty good, quite heavy on the jap text, but playing the 1st stage a lot of the controls are signposted for you.

Love the look of the game!

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Working on Wiikey with 3.2E

Brickblocked it

There is some Jap text but it's all not needed. Anyone will probably figure it all out easily.
Controls are shown on screen with signs so it's easy for now
smile.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This game is great. Just completed the first zone.

It's a real return to classic 2D platforming. If you love platformers like me, you won't be disappointed! Sure, there are a few Wii gimmicks thrown in here and there such as rotating the wiimote to adjust your aim and shaking it to expel coins from bags but the gimmick isn't heavily used and the game is mostly just classic 2D platforming. The boss fights are awesome too.

Graphically the game is very nice, it's not true widescreen though - there are item bars on wide screen displays, but it's not very distracting. The hand drawn animation is very nice and the game plays very smoothly at 60fps I think.

Being a platformer, the game isn't very heavy on Japanese text except a few cutscenes and an item shop, and seems like it should be easy enough for non Japanese readers.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's awesome to hear. I just fired up the download and am looking forward to this quite a bit. I think I need to put together a spare computer that I can remotely manage this stuff from work.
happy.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
berlinka said:
Maybe because of the heavy japanese text I might want to wait for an english version.
You can play it perfectly without knowing japanese.
Each level has a series of "achievements" to unlock, though, and some of them are hard to make out. No big deal, though.

VeggieH8R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I keep getting a black screen error with writing in jap while the first movie plays. It seems to happen at different points in the movie everytime i try but I have to reset if the error comes up. I have the latest firmware, a Wiikey (also latest), and patched it with the latest Blocker.

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
VeggieH8R said:
I keep getting a black screen error with writing in jap while the first movie plays. It seems to happen at different points in the movie everytime i try but I have to reset if the error comes up. I have the latest firmware, a Wiikey (also latest), and patched it with the latest Blocker.

Sounds like a laser problem of your Wii. You should clean your laser.

edit: or maybe your DVD-R is just bad.

MCorbet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I load the game with Gecko OS. The update won't install if I'm correct. Can somebody confirm it ?

Thanks

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MCorbet said:
If I load the game with Gecko OS. The update won't install if I'm correct. Can somebody confirm it ?

Thanks

Just use WiiBrickblocker on the ISO, i did so and no update message popped up
wink.gif
(and I'm still using 3.2E)

Harry Potthead

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
da_rula said:
MCorbet said:

Thanks

wink.gif

So if I use Wii Frii for patching to PAL & WiiBrickblocker for blocking the update I'm save? Which is the newest version of WiiBrickblocker? 1.3?

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Harry Potthead said:
da_rula said:
MCorbet said:

Thanks

wink.gif

So if I use Wii Frii for patching to PAL & WiiBrickblocker for blocking the update I'm save? Which is the newest version of WiiBrickblocker? 1.3?

Yes, you are save
wink.gif
I dunno which one the latest version is, but my version is the one who was made for SSBB (to support Dual Layer ISOs), possible 1.3, yes.
I'm very happy with this working method, because all games who need to be started with Gecko doesn't support my RGB cable correctly
frown.gif
The picture is all red
with it, and so i have to switch to the original cable which came with the wii. So, everytime i can start japanese/usa games without gecko, i got a nice clear "RGB view"
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated