Wii #XXXX - Mario Kart Wii (Japan)

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Scrubbed file will not install the channel properly.

Wiiscrubber has a problem with the third partition in that it calculates the partition offsets incorrectly for it due to an unsigned 64 issue in the code. As a result the data in the third partition is not marked as used (the data is from 1155d0000 to 11750FFFF).

Wiiscrubber 1.1 beta will be released this afternoon sometime that will allow you to merge the data in.

I imagine that a fix for the missing update may be posted on boneless this evening
wink.gif

Dif file should be about 40 Meg

edit: Those values apply to the PAL release btw.

fear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
iNFiNiTY said:
Because the scrubbed games in future could easily be detected and not work since its just a makeshift hack, so they will end up being all released again.
Is there any proof for this (source)?

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Well i'm sure the coder himself Dack can tell you heh, other reliable people have said also. Hence why the USA/PAL will scenes did not make the switch.

Not to say the method doesn't work fine for now, but just blanking bytes in a clean iso is not good for the scene. Its very likely we'll end up in future with a massive backlog of unworking jap scrubbed releases if it continues. I'm sure everyones public ISO sources can make and distribute their own scrubbed ones anyway, just its best if the official scene release is clean.

Astudz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i think the Mario Kart channel gets removed with scrubbing as its all in the 3rd partition which gets removed o__O

edit: woops im a bit late Lulz

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I agree that scrubbed releases MUST be separated from the "original" ones.

The question is, the great majority of JAP releases today are scrubbed, so a lot of JAP users don't even know that the games they want have been dumped, 'cause they aren't listed with the others.

A solution to this would be to do a ORIGINAL Release List and a SCRUBBED Release List.

On a related note, I want to know WHO I have to contact to comment about the RL, 'cause I've seen some "inconsistences".

I've noted some flaws regarding the lists. If you want I could comment they here, if it would help.

perimbean

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
With the scrubbed titles, I wonder if it is possible to reverse back the process and get the same checksum figure?

I guess the scene will evolve and nuke the scrubbed titles...

It'd be good to obtain nice backups (where normal users like me do not know how to really dump the files....)

Cheers!
perimbean

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
I've applied stormyuan's restore patch (and patched with BrickBlocker too), but how do I activate the MK channel? I've played the game a few times but when I go back to the Wii system menu there is no MK channel there.

My Wii has 3.1J firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7