Wii #XXXX - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it says "you can play this game on any modchip for the wii that can play mario galaxy"Â thus you need 1.9g update for wiikey
Gah! I should read things more slowly. I guess reading pages after pages makes me forgot about it. lol @_@
Well thanks for replying.
smile.gif

etkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What will be the best kind of DL DVD to get for the full rip whenever it comes out? DVD-R DL or DVD+R DL? Brand? I use memorex DVD-Rs for my other Wii games, those always work for me.

djkotiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just confirming... I have a NTSC-U Wii with a Wiikey. Tested SSBB with the 15% trick and everything works great knowing that I must avoid videos and other features of game that may run into an error.

If you have regionfrii, you don't have to worry about going into the wiikey settings to change the region thing. Here is what I did.

1. Made 2 folders to separate the dif iso's. Named one "ssbb regionfrii" and the other "ssbb brickblocked"

2. Placed the iso into "ssbb regionfrii" folder ONLY.

3. Used regionfrii to convert the iso from "ssbb regionfrii" folder from JAP to USA.

4. Copied that iso into "ssbb brickblocked" folder.

5. Used WiiBrickBlocker to remove the forced update from iso.

6. After burning the 2 cds and clearly marking them, i attepted the 15% trick (see earlier posts on how to do it) and BAM.. Everything ran smoothly.

Just remember to skip videos (excluding intro) and the other options mentioned that can possibly freeze the game now you're set with a jap version of ssbb!

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My findings:

Preparations:

Before anything else, make 100% sure you have version 3.1 firmware on your cube (can be seen in settings). You can get this through Mario Galaxy in the region you're from. Also, make sure you have Wiikey 1.9g.
Let the entire patch on this disc install and get dual channels (except for japanese wii's). I have been playing this game for 5 hours straight and I have not met ONE difference from how my Wii was before, so there is no problem with the update for your wii, other than that you have 2 extra channels.

Also, for PAL users, make sure you have put your Wii on 50Hz in the settings before you start the game.

Starting the game:

After you did all of the above, start the game. If you notice any shaking in the warning or loading screen, just reset your game, since you won't be able to play it properly (this occurs every few times). When you see no shaking, continue. You can let the entire intro movie roll. As far as I know, this and the first movie from the SSE mode are the only movies you'll be able to see without crashing your Wii.

A translation of pretty much all the menu stuff can be found here: http://faqs.ign.com/articles/849/849163p1.html

Playing the game:

I have not tried everything, but I can say the following things with 100% certainty.

- VS mode works, however, it crashes every now and then (occured about 5 times in 5 hours for me). If you keep your battles reasonably short, it shouldn't occur too often (5 stocks for example).

- Classic mode works, but it will crash after the credits.

- You can play the Target minigames. Possible other minigames as well, haven't tried those however.

- You can unlock at least 4 characters through battling. (Luigi = not sure, just quite a bunch of matches I think, Marth = same, but less matches, possible involving Ike, Snake = play 10 battles in Snake's level, Ness = play 5 matches in VS)

That's pretty much all the info I can come up with, for now

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My findings:

Preparations:

Before anything else, make 100% sure you have version 3.1 firmware on your cube (can be seen in settings). You can get this through Mario Galaxy in the region you're from.

Sorry for being such a newb, I haven't touched my Wii in a while. But version 3.1 firmware can only be obtained through Super Mario Galaxy? Or can you do a regular Wii update through the Wii's system settings? Again, sorry for the newbie question.
tongue.gif

You said you can get the firmware from SMG, but just makign sure if you can get it through the Wii's system settings.

Thanks in advance.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My findings:

Preparations:

Before anything else, make 100% sure you have version 3.1 firmware on your cube (can be seen in settings). You can get this through Mario Galaxy in the region you're from.

Sorry for being such a newb, I haven't touched my Wii in a while. But version 3.1 firmware can only be obtained through Super Mario Galaxy? Or can you do a regular Wii update through the Wii's system settings? Again, sorry for the newbie question.
tongue.gif

You said you can get the firmware from SMG, but just makign sure if you can get it through the Wii's system settings.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, 3.1 can only be obtained so far by Super Mario Galaxy, but if any other member knows of a different method, feel free to correct me.

ChiGGz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Weird Error.

I updated and have double channels..w/e fine. It reads the DVD as SSMB in the channel. But when I start up I get a japanese text in green. And from there it stops. Obviously this is some sort of error msg. Anyone know what this is?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat