Wii Won't Read Backup Disk

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by tylerzentz, Oct 22, 2009.

1. tylerzentz
    OP

tylerzentz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    Like the title says, my Wii won't read my backup disk. It works in other modded Wiis so that's not the problem. I used MIOS Patcher to install cMIOS v8 and I also pressed X on the gamecube controller to install with "gamecube backup loader". The installation was successful so I rebooted my Wii, popped in the disk, went to the disk channel, and it gave me the "disk could not be read" error. Am I missing something?

2. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    really new wii's have D3-2 chipsets that prevent loading any backup disk, usb loaders still work though, which is a million times better anyways

3. tylerzentz
    OP

tylerzentz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    well i made my wii a virgin but before that i had installed cMIOS with backup loader and i think i also had something else that i cant remember. maybe a backup launcher channel? and i could get the disk to read and i could boot up the game and everything but then it would give me an error message when i tried to create a save file to start playing on.

4. Riicky

Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2009
    United States
    Reading,Pennsylvania
    are you trying to play wii backups or gamecube backups?? A Custom MIOS is for gamecube backups, and cIOS (Custom IOS) is for Wii Backups

5. claud10

claud10 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2009
    Canada
    Also, are you trying to boot the games directly through the disc channel? You need a backup launcher, either a disc launcher like Neogamma r7, r8b3 or a USB loader like USB Loader GX. Games won't boot from the disc channel unless you chipped your wii or installed cioscorp.

6. OncleJulien

OncleJulien tool of peers

Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    Los Angeles
    but, on the flip side, it makes the game developer happy, so that's something, right?

: D

7. shepe

shepe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2009
    swindon
    time to play it from the original disc then and take another "backup" you pirate [​IMG]