OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello, i'm french and I don't speak very well english, but somebody has to help me please.

I've sold my wii drive, because now i have a DD and my wii drive was about to die.But without a drive, my wii doesn't want to run anything!I mean, i can go to the system menu, homebrew channel, but when i try to load a homebrew, it freezes.And, miraculously, when i put back my drive into my wii, it works again.And the same thing happens when i load the opera channel(well no, i have a "an error has occured ...." but i can't load this channel either)

But i don't have my drive anymore, so what can i do?I tried to activate every option with "drive", "check" and "disk" in startpatch(when i had my drive) but it still freezes.

Please help me!!

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry to hear about your problem. It sucks to not be able to make everything work properly without the disc drive. Perhaps keys, stored in the disc drive, are needed to boot some IOSs, I'm not sure.

Have you tried firmware update/downgrade?

dislaire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm already in 4.2, but i don't think downgrading will change anything since i remembered my wii in 3.0 doing the same thing a year ago.

aaaaah i'm damned...

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
you probably missing some ios or syou wii is somewhat outdated.

you could do pretty much without you wii drive, execpt disc loading. so theoretically you can load homebrews and play some vc or wii ware and even usb loading. but i believe that you have to hack wii in thinking that it has a dvd inserted to get usb loading. there's a sensor on the drive that tells the wii it has a dvd.

dislaire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
everything is updated on my wii,custom ios rev15 and i checked problems with pimp my wii(which is a wonderful homebrew!)

So, i don't know what to do...

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use flatmii without a disc drive but if I don't boot flatmii loader on my pc my wii will not boot anything. so I think the wii needs a disc drive.
edit it does boot the homebrew channel when i do that other channels won't work

maybe you could buy flatmii than you don't need a disc drive the only thing is that you need a pc on when playing on your wii

dislaire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
my pc is too far from my wii.i wanted to buy the wode, but it has been delayed, again.so i don't know what to do.

guess i'll have to wait

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol