OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello, i'm french and I don't speak very well english, but somebody has to help me please.

I've sold my wii drive, because now i have a DD and my wii drive was about to die.But without a drive, my wii doesn't want to run anything!I mean, i can go to the system menu, homebrew channel, but when i try to load a homebrew, it freezes.And, miraculously, when i put back my drive into my wii, it works again.And the same thing happens when i load the opera channel(well no, i have a "an error has occured ...." but i can't load this channel either)

But i don't have my drive anymore, so what can i do?I tried to activate every option with "drive", "check" and "disk" in startpatch(when i had my drive) but it still freezes.

Please help me!!

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry to hear about your problem. It sucks to not be able to make everything work properly without the disc drive. Perhaps keys, stored in the disc drive, are needed to boot some IOSs, I'm not sure.

Have you tried firmware update/downgrade?

dislaire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm already in 4.2, but i don't think downgrading will change anything since i remembered my wii in 3.0 doing the same thing a year ago.

aaaaah i'm damned...

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
you probably missing some ios or syou wii is somewhat outdated.

you could do pretty much without you wii drive, execpt disc loading. so theoretically you can load homebrews and play some vc or wii ware and even usb loading. but i believe that you have to hack wii in thinking that it has a dvd inserted to get usb loading. there's a sensor on the drive that tells the wii it has a dvd.

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use flatmii without a disc drive but if I don't boot flatmii loader on my pc my wii will not boot anything. so I think the wii needs a disc drive.
edit it does boot the homebrew channel when i do that other channels won't work

maybe you could buy flatmii than you don't need a disc drive the only thing is that you need a pc on when playing on your wii

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    "Skittles" Angel Knight
    +2
  • Z-BOI @ Z-BOI:
    anyone wanna be friends on ancf also know as animal crossing city folk i've got wiimmfi and if you do to friend me my code is 4859-3318-6620 name Z-boi town: pog
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Knee-how GBAtemp
  • Kittfox63 @ Kittfox63:
    Hello, anybody here?
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    We aren't bodies we're robots
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    1800 Nintendo support at your service
  • Kittfox63 @ Kittfox63:
    Wow!
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Wow spelled upside down is Mom
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sham Wow!!!
  • Shape @ Shape:
    Hi, it's Vince with S-S-S-Slap chop...
  • Shape @ Shape:
    You're gonna be in a great mood all day. You'll be slapping your troubles away with the slap chop, slappin' your troubles away with the slap chop...
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Guys I need help, my obscure Nintendo system from 20 years ago is giving an error when I try to plug it into my toaster
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Why aren't you guys helping???!!?
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Fine I will go to another more helpful website!
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Onlyfans only takes money it's only helpful for about 20 minute
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    I am subscribed to kenniesnewname
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Unfortunately he doesn't post enough belly button vids, which is the only reason most of us still watch
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I hear that guy is pretty small tho
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Hawaiian punch Mango Monsoon is pretty good ngl
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Really wanna add some whipped vodka to it
    K3N1 @ K3N1: Really wanna add some whipped vodka to it