Status
Not open for further replies.

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you just HAVE TO WAIT IT OUT and if one has solution, he will tell you. I think you are wasting a lot of people time to read the thread.

If you say you have patience, just hold on to your chair and STOP BUGGING.

Dragonaqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I got a new wii from repair, and placed back my old drive.
This would make it run backup's without a problem atleast for me.

Hope this helps for others
biggrin.gif

cheers

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
DOC81 even though you say you are being patient and all, and your talking for the people with these new Wii drives, you seem a little TOO desperate, I mean come on, you said you could wait, the next minute we just seem to have you to reply to saying has anyone finished hacking it yet? You've got an old Wii? USE THAT ONE!!!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
you can get replacement drives (supposedly 'new', whether they are or not
smile.gif
) off of ebay for like 30 pounds.
i have a d3-2 aswell, usb is fine for backups, i just wish i could load my gc backups
frown.gif

but, i think it will be hacked, somehow, wiis are just going to 'evolve' to be less hackable, but it doesn't mean the hackers will give up. like, people NEVER thought that you could run backups on a gc, but people eventually did it
smile.gif

Crasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
got a d3-2 too ... and damn it

I already have a wii with 150+ games burnt on dvd, and I can't play any on the newly bought black wii

chiln1208

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

newb here. I'm about to buy a Wii but I just wanted to check. If I get one with a D3-2 drive is there a special procedure to get it to use a hard drive via usb loader, or do I just follow all the other softmod guides (and everything should work minus non-retail disks)? Thanks!

IceFlux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soopahfly said:
Here's a thought....buy your games?

Naw, that's crazy talk.

Seriously. USB HDD is the way forward.

The problem with USB Loaders is that you still can't play GameCube backups that way, as the Wii shuts down all extra hardware like the USB and SD slots because the Cube didn't have those. As of right now there is no way to play Cube backups other than through the DVD drive.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have one of those drives, and you want to play backups via disc, or want to ply Gamecube backups, you could always go to somewhere like ebay and buy a replacement Wii drive (Of the older type), or even a Wii that is being sold for spares, but as a working drive in it. The are very easy to replace, and you will notice not very expensive either.

I got a replacement Wii drive (Wii sold as spares), on ebay, for £15. The drive works great in my Wii and was very easy to fit, and I'm not really an expert techie or anything.

Something to consider.

:>

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@IceFlux
Please don't bump a thread THAT old without reason.

Locking. Feel free to open a new one if you need to know something on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over