Hacking Wii / Wii u transfert

coolm3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got a wii u 2 month ago and i'm worried.
I buyed some virtual console game on my old wii before i hacked it and now i installed some wad.
If i do the transfert thing between the wii and the wii u what are gonna be transfered?
The oficial game? the wad game ? Can it brick my wii u ?
I dont really want to unhack my wii before doing the transfert and if i remove the wad are it gonna be enough ?
So, if some one you did it i would like to know if there is any risk or if it will be fine.

( sorry for the bad english, its not my first language )

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, homebrew and wads on your Wii won't cause bricks/bans on your vwii when you trransfer.

Wads don't get deleted or transfered, What transfers over are your purchases. They're wiped from your old Wii and placed on your vwii. You can't re-download them on your old Wii, as the purchase history is also transferred to your vwii.

The transfer will also include saves and miis, but won't touch any wads or homebrew channels you've installed. Basically, it just looks at your eshop history and transfers it and the games you've downloaded from it.

If you want to keep those games, saves, and miis on your old Wii as well, You can dump your nand from you Wii, do the transfer, then restore your nand. This will restore everything on your Wii to the way it was. Minus your eshop history.

coolm3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i buyed game on the Vwii shop too . ( not really buyed , got them from the club nintendo reward :P )
will the tranfert overwrite my purchase history or it will put them together ?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i buyed game on the Vwii shop too . ( not really buyed , got them from the club nintendo reward :P )
will the tranfert overwrite my purchase history or it will put them together ?
The stuff on your vwii shouldn't be erased, only added to. If you have the same thing twice (something on the vwii that you already have on your wii), then the wii will overwrite it. But the process should otherwise not touch items that are already on your vwii.

I say this because you can transfer multiple wiis to one vwii, which would indicate they don't erase anything to transfer. Here's the link to nintendo help about transferring multiple wiis to one vwii.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...=how_to&submenu=wup-transfer-gi-data-multiple

coolm3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont think nintendo can help me with this one. Is there a way to get the transfert channel on my hacked wii without updating ? the only way i know to get the transfert channel is the wii shop but to open it i need the last update D:

i downloaded the last shopping channel by Nus dowloader and installer the ios 62 use to the tranfert channel but when i try to open the shop i get a blue screen and error 002.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think nintendo can help me with this one. Is there a way to get the transfert channel on my hacked wii without updating ? the only way i know to get the transfert channel is the wii shop but to open it i need the last update D:

i downloaded the last shopping channel by Nus dowloader and installer the ios 62 use to the tranfert channel but when i try to open the shop i get a blue screen and error 002.

Why would you want to keep your wii not updated? But yes, you have to be at the latest version in order to use the transfer channel, as far as I know.

I would suggest your Wii be at the latest firmware, and your IOSs to be at the latest versions. If you're having troubles with your current versions, I suggest you download "ModMii" and update all of your IOSs and install the latest wii shop channel. Just be sure to backup your NAND before updating and again before transferring to your Wii u.

Remember, the transfer includes your wii shop history, which means that after you transfer to your vwii, you can download previously purchased items using the eshop on your vwii. You won't be able to re-download them on your old Wii, however.

coolm3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont want to update it and fuck everything. i stoped following the wii hack 2 year ago and i dont want to go back in it. i want to find a way to make the transfert on my 4.2u wii. The wii is not mine anymore so i dont want to brick it because i dont know to update it safely and rehack it correctly.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both the Wii and the Wii u will require online access and access to the shop channel in order to transfer.

Download "ModMii" and download the shop channel. Install the WAD. See if you can load the shop channel.

If you can, then you're good to go. If you can't, then you'll have to update your cIOS in order for it to work. If you find you have to update, then use ModMii. ModMii takes out all the guesswork, auto-generates a guide based on your inputs and auto-downloads all the cIOS that you need. Since your wii is already hacked, it's just like installing wads. Extremely straight forward.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have Boot Mii don't you? The latest update is really small, and doesn't hurt your hack. Anyways, you can restore it with Boot Mii afterwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone