Wii Wad and cios problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by teforeon, Nov 24, 2008.

1. teforeon
    OP

teforeon Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    United States
    Hi! My wii was 3.2u and all worked well until I put the Wii Music(more than one month ago) disc and it updated to 3.3U. Ok, no big deal, I downgraded to 3.2u at that time and all ran well. Yersterday I was trying to install ALL DLC for Megaman 9 (already installed) than it gave me ret -1 than ret -1017 all time. I deleted Megamn 9 thinking I could have not the US version but the Megamn 9 doesn't install again claiming the same thing.

I searched and ppl talked about deleting IOS 30-37 and stuff. i did it and reinstalled (one by one like I found every IOS wad on a topic here) but nothing changed.
    I installed cios 36-rev7 from waninkoko well but the cios 37-rev3 do not install (claims ret - 2011). For this, backup loader works fine but all wiigators 3 channels I tried, they go black then go back to wii menu. (cause of cios37 v3 not installed).
    I did every step (except step 2 - update to latest firmware) of http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945 for ppl that have Oct 23 problem (it's not exactly my problem but the synthoms are very close to that).

What to do?

:~

thx

2. teforeon
    OP

teforeon Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    United States
    up?

3. teforeon
    OP

teforeon Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    United States
  4. Arm the Homeless

Arm the Homeless Custom Title

May 26, 2008
    United States
    /home/andy/
    Do not bump your posts. All it will do is get people pissed at you.

And it's a horribly stupid idea to delete IOSes 30-37.

5. teforeon
    OP

teforeon Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    United States

sorry for bumping posts.

Yeah but the problem is not that. I have all IOSes, the problem is the error -1017 to install megaman again and 2011 to install cios37rev3 (cios36rev07 installed succesfully)

:~

6. whitegoose

whitegoose Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    Canada

how did you downgrade your system menu? did you follow a_running_pirate's guide? im assuming no since when i did that the cios 37 installs fine.

7. teforeon
    OP

teforeon Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    United States
    I used Custom IOS Downgrader from Waninkoko.

8. whitegoose

whitegoose Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    Canada
    i thought so. the a_running_pirate method uses it as well, but its more involved. it requires you to install other wads first. search it out, you will find a way to do it.

9. teforeon
    OP

teforeon Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    United States

I already did that as I said in my first post. The only think I din't do at the guide was "Step 2 – Update to the latest Wii Firmware." ....

And when I went back from 3.3 to 3.2 I used only the Custom IOS Downgrader. Then when I started to have problems with wad installation I did that guide and still have same problem.

The only difference from my wii and the guide's is that I was at 3.2u. I don't think i would have to update to 3.3 to make this guide to work, right?

10. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    You need to use both Custom IOS Downgrader 1.2 and IOS Downgrader 1.0...!!! [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice