Wii vs GC

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Retal, Nov 23, 2009.

?

Which console has better games?

1. Wii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. GameCube

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Nov 23, 2009

Wii vs GC by Retal at 11:01 AM (1,972 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. Retal
    OP

Member Retal GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Since soft modding my Wii a few months ago I have been playing a few Wii games and then I switched to playing a few GC games. Here is what I have learned from this experience:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Hmmm. In some respects I may agree.

I think that Wii has a lot more good games, however the GC has a couple of shining gems that beat most wii games. You see, I missed out on the gamecube generation (because i had no money at the time) and so when the gc backup loader was released I too started playing gamecube games too.

Recently I've found that I've been spending more time on them than wii games. Mainly wind waker and f-zero gx, beautiful games that really illustrate the quality of the gamecube.

When I think of the wii, I think of great games but slightly imperfect. Mario kart, NSMB, mario galaxy, Smash bros brawl, House of the dead, taiko no tatsujin, the conduit, etc etc

However, if you compare some other franchises - mario kart, mario, and (perhaps only for me) smash bros, i prefer the wii versions.

That being said, when I look back even further, I remember the N64 days... my favourite console of all time.

3. Retal
    OP

United Kingdom
    I also skipped the GC generation originally. Having had the delight of being able to return to what I had previously missed out on, I am now playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Paper Mario and even SSX3, even though I claim to hate sports games as well as EA, but one has to remember that this is an EA game from six years ago.

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Personally, the Gamecube had the weakest crop of first and second party games. Super Mario Sunshine was just an awful idea, Wind Waker was good but not nearily as much as Twilight Princess, F-Zero was just average, and both Star Fox games were either flawed (Assault) or just a competely random and honestly boring direction (Adventures). The Wii has strong first and second party titles currently, but sacrificed a lot of their older big names. No Star Fox, no F-Zero.

Third party wise, it depends. Wii bashers will say the Wii is awful for third parties because of all the shovelware, but the hardcore and truly polished third party titles are excellent. The Gamecube had some good third parties, but nothing too memorable for me outside of 007 Nightfire.

5. Retal
    OP

United Kingdom
    You have just demonstrated that you have absolutely no idea what first and third party means thus invalidating your entire bullshit post.

6. LufianGuy

Member LufianGuy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Because I am lazy I would rather play with a GC controller vs jumping around with my wiimote and nunchuk.

The gamecube did have a lot of fun games, but there will be more on the wii coming. I love playing gameshow games like price is right and press your luck with my family, GC doesn't have that.

I say N64 > GC!

7. Guild McCommunist

United States
    First party is games made and produced directly by the manufacturer. A game that's made my Nintendo of America and published by Nintendo is first party.

Second party is games licensed out to third parties but supervised by the manufacturer. I think Fossil Fighters is a second party title.

Thid party is games made and produced by non-manufacturing developers and publishers. The Conduit is a third party. MadWorld is a third party game.

Stop being an ass. That's apparently all you do. If you were actually polite, you could've seen I was at least not saying "You're dumb this post is wrong" but "In my opinion, I feel this, respectfully". If you were smart you would actually be able to either talk out of your ass and make it sound like you know stuff (like me) or actually know stuff. I'll accept either.

8. King Zargo

Member King Zargo I'm a Star

Netherlands
    GameCube is on of my favourite Nintendo consoles.

F-Zero GX = Pure Awesomeness
    Mario Kart DD = Pure Awesomeness
    Pikmin 1 + 2 = Awesomeness
    Metroid Prime 1 + 2 = Pure Awesomeness
    Mario Sunshine = Awesomeness
    Wind Waker >>> Twilight Princes
    Wave Race Blue Storm = Awesomeness
    1080 Avalanche = Awesomeness
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle = Pure Awesomeness
    Mario Golf = Awesomeness
    Timesplitters 2 + 3 = Awesomeness
    Super Smash Brothers Melee = Pure Awesomeness
    Freedom Fighters = Awesomeness
    Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 + 2 = Pure Awesomeness
    Tales of Symphonia = Pure Awesomeness
    Paper Mario 2 = Pure Awesomeness
    Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes = Pure Awesomeness

I would never make it as a reviewer I'm to simple minded.

The GameCube has the better first party titles but the Wii has less droughts. With the Wii you don't have to wait 5 months for a new decent game.

9. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    I have to say the Wii has better games but the GC is great too. I've been playing a lot of GC games on my Wii recently. Stuff like Wind Waker and Need For Speed Underground is nice.

10. Retal
    OP

United Kingdom
    Is Pikmin better on the GC or Wii?

11. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    I personally didn't like Twilight Princess, especially the Wii version (stupid motion controls with the freaking sword). Eh my favorite Zelda will always be A Link to the Past. I remember when games were actually difficult. What happened?

I'm not too impressed with the Wii library so far, but that's mostly due to me being dirt poor and I can't afford many new games, otherwise I'd be playing the new Harvest Moon and Rune Factory Frontier as well as other games. As soon as Monster Hunter 3 comes out I'll be happier, it's pretty much the one game I'll be willing to sell my soul for.

12. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    I almost completely skipped the last gen (was mainly a PC gamer during it), so the backwards compatibility on the Wii is being awesome to me.

I only played the Wii version.. and the controls fit the game so perfectly that it's hard to believe it was not made with them in mind. So, I would recommend that [​IMG]
    Same goes for Metroid Prime 1 & 2.

13. Retal
    OP

United Kingdom
    Implying money matters on a piracy website.

14. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I think my Wii games in general are more fun than my GC games. And it starts with Mario Sunshine vs Galaxy.

15. Guild McCommunist

United States
    I didn't say the Gamecube had bad third party games, it's just that I was like 10 years old when I had a Gamecube and had shitty games. I didn't play Resident Evil 4 until I spotted it for $3 at the local record exchange earlier this year. I was just saying the Wii has some vastly underrated third party competitors. Once I buy a nice ol' stack of DVD's I'll start downloading all the Gamecube games I missed, but otherwise I'm saving my last DVD for Wii Sports Resort (when I buy a WM+, that is).

16. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Definately on Wii. Actually, as far as I know every title is superiour on Wii (Okami, Resident Evil 4, Pikmin 1 and 2, Metroid Prime 1 and 2) except for maybe Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, which was also a lot of fun to play with bongos.

17. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Should have made it a poll.

I prefer Wii games over GC games. I never had as much fun with my GC games on my Wii then with my Wii games.
    Not even Zelda WW seemed good, weird [​IMG]

18. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    I know what you mean. I played WW after I played TP on Wii and it felt horrible. It was a great game but the controls felt really clunky after playing TP with Wii controls

19. Retal
    OP

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

20. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    no need for further explanation but the wii is way much better than GC...besides there are more to come for the wii.