Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
More info. regarding Nintendo's official video streaming service was given today. Iwata recently hinted at DSi compatibility and has stated this channel may be launched world wide. Hopefully more info about a world wide release will come soon.
- comes out May 1st in Japan
- Channel will be free
- provides a virtual living room experience for the user
- register up to 8 Miis
- time in the virtual living room passes in real-time
- click on the TV to enter the video download service
- view content by recommended, recent arrivals, or key words
- no details on video content at this time
- clicking the plastic plan takes you to a page for partner companies, which shows commercials and promo videos for products. This also allows product samples to be delivered to your home, if you wish.
- calendar available for a new image every day, as well as text content
- Nintendo will be working with celebrities to bring their personalities into your living room. These celebrities will be presenting special programs. Past visits can be re-accessed by selecting the message board option
- this channel links up with the DSi in order to download and watch content on your DSi while on the go. The DSi can also store virtual coupons from companies
- in order to connect your DSi you will need the “Dokodemo Wii no Ma” app from the DSiShop. This app will be available May 1st
- limited video content at first, but plans to bring in more content in the future
- no mention of free/pay content details

A video of the new channel can be found here.
Source

Wilson735

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about this whole idea... The Wii isn't really known for its multimedia capabilities. I'll just stick to my PS3, thank you very much..

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys do know this is going to be crap right?

I mean, all they'll probably have uploaded is episodes of Barney and Teletubbies, or however you spell those rapists.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E