Hacking Wii VC Injection blackscreen

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector for gc vc injection and so far I havent had any issues with those, but it seems that most of my wii vc injections do not work? Most just load to a black screen and I have to unplug my WiiU to power it down...
Not sure what im doing wrong? I am using PAL roms atm since thats all I have. Using a US WiiU on 5.5.5 with CBHC. I have cIOS's installed properly as well

D

Deleted User

You didn't mention anything about Nintendont is it on your sd card? It is required to play GC games, even injects.

Reactions: Kopimist

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't mention anything about Nintendont is it on your sd card? It is required to play GC games, even injects.
Nintendont is on my sd card. Using latest and it boots for GC games and some wii games, but most of the wii injections do not work. Just a black screen

JohnnyPizza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a similar issue except it seems entirely tied to Nintendon't as I am using US isos. I cannot get a single inject, including an injection of Nintendon't itself(Forwarder), to load from the Wii u menu screen. In vWii it loads perfectly fine and if i got into the vwii menu, load nintendon't, and then go back to the Wii u menu and load the injects they will work. But at that point, It seems easier to just load the Gamecube games from the SD card and forget being able to use the gamepad for GC games.

However, I really love the convenience of booting into the Wii U menu and being able to load any consoles games. I have injections working of basically any other console, Wii, N64, DS, etc. The only one I cannot get to work is Gamecube and I assume its some issue with Nintendon't crashing when it loads.

I have tried:

Installing multiple versions of Nintendon't (including the most recent build downloaded from github manually)
Using the forwarder from WiiUSBHelper (with the Boot.dol they link to in the application)
Injections from Teconmoon's, WiiUSBHelper, and UWUVCI AIO
I have verified the ISO's and tried them both trimmed and untrimmed
I have tried multiple games to make sure it wasn't just an issue with that one title
I don't have any USB controllers plugged in, I am only using the gamepad in these tests

The only shortcut I've found to loading it first is using Wiiu2Hbc launching into nintendon't directly through the .txt file. But it doesn't offer gamepad support so I still need to use the Wiimote to exit back out to the Wii U menu.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this could be happening? Am I just doomed to have to load Nintendont games through vWii and go back to the Wii U menu to play on the gamepad? I realize this isn't the worst thing to have to do, It's just an annoyance really. But I've been obsessively trying to find a fix for days with no luck which makes my lizard brain want to smash it with a rock. Anyways, does anyone have any thoughts on the issue?

Oreos420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a similar issue except it seems entirely tied to Nintendon't as I am using US isos. I cannot get a single inject, including an injection of Nintendon't itself(Forwarder), to load from the Wii u menu screen. In vWii it loads perfectly fine and if i got into the vwii menu, load nintendon't, and then go back to the Wii u menu and load the injects they will work. But at that point, It seems easier to just load the Gamecube games from the SD card and forget being able to use the gamepad for GC games.

However, I really love the convenience of booting into the Wii U menu and being able to load any consoles games. I have injections working of basically any other console, Wii, N64, DS, etc. The only one I cannot get to work is Gamecube and I assume its some issue with Nintendon't crashing when it loads.

I have tried:

Installing multiple versions of Nintendon't (including the most recent build downloaded from github manually)
Using the forwarder from WiiUSBHelper (with the Boot.dol they link to in the application)
Injections from Teconmoon's, WiiUSBHelper, and UWUVCI AIO
I have verified the ISO's and tried them both trimmed and untrimmed
I have tried multiple games to make sure it wasn't just an issue with that one title
I don't have any USB controllers plugged in, I am only using the gamepad in these tests

The only shortcut I've found to loading it first is using Wiiu2Hbc launching into nintendon't directly through the .txt file. But it doesn't offer gamepad support so I still need to use the Wiimote to exit back out to the Wii U menu.

Does anyone have any insight as to why this could be happening? Am I just doomed to have to load Nintendont games through vWii and go back to the Wii U menu to play on the gamepad? I realize this isn't the worst thing to have to do, It's just an annoyance really. But I've been obsessively trying to find a fix for days with no luck which makes my lizard brain want to smash it with a rock. Anyways, does anyone have any thoughts on the issue?
I am having the same issues. Did you find a fix?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you need to use your region of wiivc inject, the way nintendo coded the injections they dont play nice with other regions so no pal wiivc injects on ntsc wiiu and viceversa.

Gc injects work fine becuase nintendont is region free but wii games not so much.

Oreos420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to use your region of wiivc inject, the way nintendo coded the injections they dont play nice with other regions so no pal wiivc injects on ntsc wiiu and viceversa.

Gc injects work fine becuase nintendont is region free but wii games not so much.
I have double checked my regions and they are all us based. But I still have to use sigpatch, open vwii, go back to wii u menu, use sigpatch again, then the gc inject will load.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have double checked my regions and they are all us based. But I still have to use sigpatch, open vwii, go back to wii u menu, use sigpatch again, then the gc inject will load.
everything that isnt legit needs sigpatches to run, this is for everything that isnt "official" or owned.

Some people have issues where nintendont doesnt start normally for whatever reason and i dont think no one found one cause to this, its very rare and for some people and no one found out why, also you should use sigpatches on boot you got either cbhc which requires buying a legit ds vc title or the new free method called tiramisu, both give you sigptahces everytime you enter wiiu menu automatically.

Oreos420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything that isnt legit needs sigpatches to run, this is for everything that isnt "official" or owned.

Some people have issues where nintendont doesnt start normally for whatever reason and i dont think no one found one cause to this, its very rare and for some people and no one found out why, also you should use sigpatches on boot you got either cbhc which requires buying a legit ds vc title or the new free method called tiramisu, both give you sigptahces everytime you enter wiiu menu automatically.
Thanks for the info. It seems my research has brought me to the same conclusion that as of right now, there is no fix for this crash and don't know why it happens. I have tried installing both to nand and usb hdd with external power.

On another note, I saw a nintendont forwarder that seem to have support for gamepad use.

I have tiramisu running, but sigpatch doeant seem yo be automatically loading. Can you think of a reason as to why sigpatches arent auto loading? I set autoboot.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the info. It seems my research has brought me to the same conclusion that as of right now, there is no fix for this crash and don't know why it happens. I have tried installing both to nand and usb hdd with external power.

On another note, I saw a nintendont forwarder that seem to have support for gamepad use.

I have tiramisu running, but sigpatch doeant seem yo be automatically loading. Can you think of a reason as to why sigpatches arent auto loading? I set autoboot.
i dont use tiramisu i have cbhc so no idea, ask that in tiramisu thread i guess, im keeping my cbhc xD

Reactions: Oreos420

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

do you have the sig patches module in the correct location on the sd card? that's the only thing I can think of.

Oreos420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have the sig patches module in the correct location on the sd card? that's the only thing I can think of.
That is a good question. Do you mind telling me how the structure should be? I followed the wiiuhacks guide to the t. But also have been using sigpatch tohomebrew and system menu.

Also great avatar!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starting from wiiu:

1648503064192.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1