OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-vc-titles-dont-work.467769/

I found this topic, but with as long ago as I did my Mocha install, I don't actually understand what it's talking about. I think it was 7-12 months ago that I did my Haxchi / Mocha installation, and I don't remember any such options at the time. I have the same issue as that topic, in that launching a Wii VC game will reboot the system and strip out my Mocha CFW.

Sorry to be a noob and make a new topic, but I'm really stumped as to what I, personally, should do to proceed. 5.5.1 Firmware, Haxchi installed to load HBC.

(I also want to point out that my system has two 'corrupted' [?] titles I can't delete. I also cannot have my Smash Bros data on the system; I had to (and strangely could) copy it to the External HDD, to allow the game to actually boot instead of lock up. I imagine these two things are related somehow, and that my system's a bit of a proverbial mess, which is why I'm really nervous about (re?)doing anything with the hax setups.)

TobiasAmaranth

OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Still cannot figure this out. Spent some time on my own trying to make Haxchi work for me but with no success. I guess I'll look around at Mocha next but as it stands, Haxchi to system menu just results in the same errors I've always gotten with 'piracy' type content. Can't even install custom channels because it says it needs a sigpatched NAND. Soooo yeah, I'm clearly missing something and too out of touch with this scene to figure it out on my own.

Edit: Found a file with my Mocha folder to re-enable the OSD of the settings. Also found that I did indeed run redNAND (as that's what was suggested at the time for install guides) so I swapped it to sysNAND and am reinstalling the Wii VC title I'm after. I still was having issues with Haxchi 'cfw', but I might poke at it later. Trying to move from an old method/install setup to a new one is far more confusing than a fresh install with many more failure points. So, we'll see if things work.

Last edited by TobiasAmaranth,

TobiasAmaranth

OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think I've just got a lot of weirdness going on from having been using redNAND Mocha previously. It's possible I'll need to outright reinstall everything that I want to actually use, but... ehh. I'm still fine with the redNAND thing for most stuff, it's just this Wii VC stuff that's been problematic after almost a year of use, lol. That, and the random [?] things in my redNAND, lol...

TobiasAmaranth

OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Annnnd now we get into weird-wtf territory. Managed to get it to work exactly once. After swapping Mocha in settings to sysNAND and reinstalling the title, it actually decided it would load. ... Then it changed its mind the next time I tried to launch it. :| (I had poked the thing after exiting it to switch from Gamepad Only to TV+Gamepad and it errored, and then I reloaded Haxchi->Mocha where it booted but then did the same error as the very original bug and just restarted the system after showing Wii)

Edit: Yup. Super mother-fuckin' confused here. I just did the same exact steps as the first time, (minus choosing TV+Gamepad this time instead of Gamepad only) of re-installing from Mocha sysNAND Homebrew CHANNEL launched WUP Installer, then immediately launching it. This time it did NOT work. What in the bloody fuck am I doing wrong here, lol......

Edit Again: Well, whatever, I got it to work by fully deleting it and reinstalling it (on the main system for good measure), and it works through Haxchi "CFW" (holding keybind to launch to system menu) meaning next time I go mess with Mocha, I can reactivate the redNAND on it (simply because that's how almost all my games are installed through; reinstalling would be a bitch lol). I certainly learned a lot the last few days, but I do wish others had pitched in and helped guide me. Getting errors when following reasonable guides is a frustrating experience...

Last edited by TobiasAmaranth,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.