OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I have been having a lot of problems the past few days that I have been trying to figure out my self, but have been unable to do. (clearly since I am asking about the problem) Any ways, I have been trying to get Mario Party 8 to work. Every time I load the PAL on the program it sends me right to a black screen, but then when I try and re-load the drive on the wii it has been de-formatted, and everything has been removed off the drive. It doesn't do it for Mario Party 9 as I have played it a couples times but much rather play Mario Party 8, could it be the PAL its self I downloaded or could it be another problem? Any ways I hope some one has a solution for this because it is very aggravating.....:glare:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
and what you mean de-formated?
if things are missing on your drive, it's probably formated, not de-formated.

De-formating means the format has change? formating differently? different files and folders?
the loader doesn't touch existing files or folders. It only read them.

Which version of the loader are you using?
don't use r1235, that's the only version with possible corruption/losing file behavior.

GodLikeReaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ok sorry for the bad post haha. Also sorry for the late reply, any ways. I downloaded a Mario Party 8 [Wii][PAL][MULTi5] I format my drive to NTSF, then I go into WBFS push the format button there so it lets me put the game onto my drive, it puts it on no problem. Then I plug it into the back of my wii, open it in USB Loader GX. It goes to load it, then it just goes to a black screen. Then I reset my wii open up the program again then it, goes to the drive then the game is no longer there on the drive. I plug it into my computer and I get a message from my computer saying I need to format the drive, then I just ingore it go into NTSF again and it won't let me do anything unless I re-format my drive. Also if I have other games on there with the game that deletes it's self completely off the drive it removes the others with it.

Also clearly I can't figure this out any more but how to you check what version the loader it is...? All I currently tell you is I think I last updated it about a year ago...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also the drive is partitioned into two parts. The wii is my (K) which is the first partition, then there is my (L) in which I use for storage, I gave (K) 50gb of space. <Not sure if any of that matters but I put it in there just in case it has something to do with any of that .-.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NTFS and WBFS are two different partition format.
WBFS is not a partition recognized natively by your computer, so you can't "mount" and "list" files present on that partition directly from your file explorer.
The computer will always ask you to format that partition because it doesn't understand what it is. but the game is still here. don't tell the computer to format it, answer "cancel" to not format it.

To see the content of the WBFS partition, you need a WBFS tool.
There are many, and most of them are old and BAD. (for example, never use "WBFS manager")

but just so you know, WBFS partition format is not needed anymore now, it's been 5 years now that FAT32 and NTFS are compatible with USBLoaders.
no need to go to WBFS (bad format, instable and deprecated).

I recommend you to format your drive (or your Wii partition) to FAT32 with 32k/cluster.
Then use "Wii Backup Manager" program to copy/move your ISO from your computer to your hard drive. it will be converted to a "wbfs file" format and the file will be split if the game is bigger than 4GB.
The split games are working fine on USBLoaders, so don't worry.

GodLikeReaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh ok, yeah I was using WBFS manager and it has been giving me nothing but problems, but as you said it isn't good to use. Another quick question, is there a way to format a 50gb partition, because I tried using CMD, and it just told me it was to big to format.

GodLikeReaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, update to what happened after using the program you sent me (Wii Backup Manager) I formatted it through the program that was all fine then I put my iso files onto my drive through it then plugged it into my wii, clicked usb loader gx and it opened up but there was no games. I have tried 3-4 different times trying to figure out what could be the matter but it isn't working for me....I hope you know how to fix this and maybe I'm just that stupid and did something wrong haha

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you used WiiBackupManager to copy the game to the HDD? then it should be fine if you used default settings.
You are using latest revision of the loader ? (r1251, in my signature)

Check if the "wii source" is not de-selected : Top menu in the loader > 4th icon > enable Wii games.

If it's enabled, you have the games, then .... maybe it still have your old partition format in memory (it think you are still using WBFS partition)
Settings > HDD settings > Click on the first option to refresh the partition format.

After that, I don't know....
Maybe we will have to verify the HDD and folders/files names.

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok sorry for the bad post haha. Also sorry for the late reply, any ways. I downloaded a Mario Party 8 [Wii][PAL][MULTi5] I format my drive to NTSF, then I go into WBFS push the format button there so it lets me put the game onto my drive, it puts it on no problem. Then I plug it into the back of my wii, open it in USB Loader GX. It goes to load it, then it just goes to a black screen. Then I reset my wii open up the program again then it, goes to the drive then the game is no longer there on the drive. I plug it into my computer and I get a message from my computer saying I need to format the drive, then I just ingore it go into NTSF again and it won't let me do anything unless I re-format my drive. Also if I have other games on there with the game that deletes it's self completely off the drive it removes the others with it.

Also clearly I can't figure this out any more but how to you check what version the loader it is...? All I currently tell you is I think I last updated it about a year ago...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also the drive is partitioned into two parts. The wii is my (K) which is the first partition, then there is my (L) in which I use for storage, I gave (K) 50gb of space. <Not sure if any of that matters but I put it in there just in case it has something to do with any of that .-.

It's NTFS not NTSF. Stands for New Technology File System.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?