Hacking Wii USB issues :(

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used FAT32 Format (Yes that is the legit name.) It's an application that can change the device to FAT32, and change the cluster of it (64k, 16k, 4000m.) Etc it's very great and it helped me with finally getting Nintendont, and a bunch of emulators to work. http://m.en.softonic.com/app/fat32-format

But you can also use alternative methods like using a different application. The only difference is most will not allow you to change the cluster, and sometimes other PC's can change both the format to FAT32, and the cluster. (Windows XP/Windows Vista can I believe.)

Edit: NTFS will also work with USB Loader, but most Homebrew Apps use FAT32 for USB Devices.

Last edited by petethepug,

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just format it to wfbs? I get that this really isn't needed anymore but it works

Formatting it to wbfs will not work with any Homebrew Apps other than USB Loaders that use wbfs.

wbfs is basically a folder for WiiFlow, CFG Loader, and USB Loader to basically load Wii Games off of the USB Device, and allows them to recognize they are there. Formatting it to WBFS may solve the issue but overall there's no point due to compatibillity issues with Homebrew... And when you put your USB Device into the Wii with USB Loader GX you automatically get the wbfs folder (Which is just a blank folder with nothing in it except your Wii Games...)

Reactions: Ricken

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not format your drive as wbfs. That's pointless. You can format it as FAT32 using something like EaseUS Partition Master (free). It's recommended you use a 32K cluster size.

Reactions: GreyWolf and Ricken

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used FAT32 Format (Yes that is the legit name.) It's an application that can change the device to FAT32, and change the cluster of it (64k, 16k, 4000m.) Etc it's very great and it helped me with finally getting Nintendont, and a bunch of emulators to work. http://m.en.softonic.com/app/fat32-format

But you can also use alternative methods like using a different application. The only difference is most will not allow you to change the cluster, and sometimes other PC's can change both the format to FAT32, and the cluster. (Windows XP/Windows Vista can I believe.)

Edit: NTFS will also work with USB Loader, but most Homebrew Apps use FAT32 for USB Devices.
thanks, I figured it out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: