Wii Update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ankc, Nov 19, 2010.

Nov 19, 2010

Wii Update by ankc at 4:57 PM (2,766 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. ankc
    OP

Member ankc GBAtemp Regular

Mauritius
    So here's the case i had got my wii softmodded before by someone.
    I think got the following installed on my wii(3.2U)

cIOSCORP(not sure which version but most probably 3.4 or 3.5 since i can play NSMB on it)
    Homebrew
    USB Loader GX
    Neo Gamma R8
    IOS 249(not really sure)

Now i want to:

1. Update my wii to 4.2U
    2.Remove cIOSCORP
    3. Update all the loaders etc
    4.Make it brick-proof(Install BootMii)

First time i got it modded i got an upside down HBC and had to bring it back to get fixed. Learnt that this was due to cIOSCORP. Moreover, he formatted the wii and told me that HackMii would not run anymore and couldn't install HBC anymore(because cIOSCORP was still there). I don't know how he managed to install it again. I think the modder installed an older version of HBC that didn't have this problem to fix the upside down HBC.

Can someone experienced tell me what steps i should follow to do that?Thx...I don't want to run into the above scenario...thx

2. fattest

Member fattest GBAtemp Fan

United States
    there are two guides at the top of this forum, follow one of them. however i'm not sure if the guides will remove cioscorp as i've never used it myself. they will do #1 and #4 on your list, #3 you'll have to do either thru homebrew browser or find their respective threads on this forum or the backup loaders forum and download the latest version.

3. ankc
    OP

Mauritius
    i know but that is for "virgin" wii right?will updating to 4.2 remove CORP?or should i use CORP uninstaller?assuming i do it right can this brick my wii?thx

4. fattest

Member fattest GBAtemp Fan

United States
    install bootmii/boot2 now, make a nand backup, then follow one of the guides. if anything goes wrong restore the nand, but the guides are pretty much foolproof.

5. ankc
    OP

Mauritius
    as i said in 1st post the HackMii installer wouldn't run anymore due to cIOSCORP being installed before(dunno now)...will i still be able to install BootMii if the hackmii installer doesn't work?ty

6. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    modmii by Xflak fixes the "no vunrable ios" issue
    so you can get hbc working again

7. ankc
    OP

Mauritius
    this is for downloading the system files right?will i be able to remove cIOSCORP?my hbc is not upside down now...don't know why despite having cIOSCORP installed....the thing that bothers me is whether the hackmii installer will run...

8. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    the modmii wizard can help u install/update your active IOSs, effectively overwriting/removing cioscorp/darkcorp

to get the hackmii installer to run, u can run ModMii's hackmii solutions feature, all it really does is help u install a non-fakesigned IOS58 before re-running the installer

9. ankc
    OP

Mauritius
    by modmii wizard you mean in windows or on the wii?

10. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    On Windows, ModMii is a PC application.

11. DPyro

Member DPyro GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm on 3.2u now and have never updated my Wii. Is there any point in me doing so now? The only thing I'm not able to do atm is access Wii Shop. I haven't touched the Wii in months so I'm out of the loop as to whats safe and what I'm missing.

12. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    There's a program called WiiSCU that can update your shop channel.
    Or you could manually install the latest IOS56 and Shopping Channel with WAD Manager/DOP-Mii.

There's not really much point in updating, unless you need the SD card menu.

13. DPyro

Member DPyro GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Updated with WiiSCU and Wii Shop just sends me back to the System Menu. How do I go about updating IOS56 in DOP-MII again? Says current IOS is IOS61.

EDIT: OK so I used an old version old DOP-MII which ended up giving me the 002 bluescreen error. Had to update and re-install some IOS to get it working.

14. steveo1978

Member steveo1978 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think cioscorps( also known as darkcorps) may have an uninstaller I havent used it in a while so I am not sure. What I did was use dop-mii to uninstall the cioscorps ios's then reinstall then one by one. its hard to get them uninstalled just by updating the system menu since some ioses have their version number maxed out so installers will think they are a newer version and leave them alone. The HBC and Hackmii installer look for a unmodified ios to work its either 30, 31, or 36 ( I dont really remember exactly). If I were you I would use dopmii to uninstall the 3 ios's I mentioned ten run the hackmii installer again install bootmii to boot2 and also install priiloader then consider updating the system menu. Dop-mii can also update the shop channel and also update the system menu. I used dop-mii and when I started to update the system menu it detected that I had priiloader installed and backed it up and thn once done reinstalled it.

Also if you update to 4.3 you will have sdhc support and also usb 2.0 support (usb loaders will load faster). The usb 2.0 thing can be installed with out the update though

15. ankc
    OP

Mauritius
    ok but my cioscorp is 3.4-3.5 and as far as i can remember 4.2U came afterwards so the ioses for the system menu 4.2 should be more recent right?

16. ankc
    OP

Mauritius
    lol my PC just reseted a few secs after launching ModMii....i know its not modmii's fault...my pc is just getting old...xD

17. ankc
    OP

Mauritius
    can someone answer that?thx

18. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    found the uninstaller for cioscorp
    here
    (not sure if it's allowed tho so it may be removed if needed)

19. ankc
    OP

Mauritius
    thx but i'm not sure if i have the 3.4 version...what program can i use to do a system check to see what version of corp i have...?thx

20. brausm08

Member brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    it really doesn't matter what version of CORP you have, nor do you need an unistaller to get rid of it....

just use modmii (or the update pack from the 'update any wii' thread) to get the most current IOSes and overwrite your system IOSes....this will effectively replace your CORPed IOSes with non-CORPed IOSes.... i think Modmii even addresses cIOSCORP removal in the wizard.....

the uninstaller does the exact same thing, except it likely will be using older IOSes....