Hacking Wii Update: 3.3U Out

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm an idiot...
not only have I removed my cIOS, after "downgrading" to 3.2E, but because I updated in the first place I'm stuck with no WAD installing capabilities at all...
I wonder, if my wii's system says is 3.2E, would updating to the old 3.3E fix my problems?
(I guess that it won't... my guess is that if I put a game in, it wouldn't prompt an update at all... but if so, We would need to find a european game with the 3.3E in it... Curiously enough after I "downgraded" I was prompted to update when I put my brawl disc back in so who knows...)

EDIT: Interestingly enough, out of curiosity I wonder if using the update function in the wii settings would work, and it started to download an update.
Whether it was the new 3.3E or the old one I wasn't sure, as I turned my wii off to stop the potential risk of making everything worse... maybe it could be a possible fix for people in my unique situation, if someone can get the old 3.3E and make a program which will install the old 3.3IOSes it over the current IOSes of the new update.
Knowing me, I'm probably completly wrong....)

spacemansp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im confused... i ran tona's update (thanks
smile.gif
) but what does the fake signing thing do?
I said yes when it asked me..during the install. just curious though.

ALSO: looks like the wii shop update timed out during the install? how can i restart it? (it still says the wii as it 3.1)
redo the whole thing?????

knowitall599

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Homebrew Broswer v9 is out! You can install this with the update.

Posts merged

Now how do I install the cIOS with the update already installed?

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knowitall599 said:
Wii Homebrew Broswer v9 is out! You can install this with the update...
QUOTE(FROM_-_The_Homebrew_Channels_README @ Oct 25 2008, 10:15 PM)"A special note about System Updates:
The Homebrew Channel relies on certain security flaws (fakesigned TMD and ticket) that exist in older versions of the Wii's software. The most recent update as of this writing (dated 23 October 2008) was the first update to completely correct these flaws. This version of The Homebrew Channel incorporates a workaround for this (by exploiting a different flaw), and will work with this version of the Wii's software. However, this new flaw may also be fixed in the future. When it is, you may not be able to install this channel for the first time."
This is interesting! Does this mean that this same "new" exploit can be used to install WADs again!?

::Getting Excited::

=)

retracell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I have 3.3v2J and I don't have cIOS37. I have HBC. I have to run cIOS Downgrader 1.0/1.1 since running 1.2 or the normal IOS Downgrader automatically reboots the Wii. I used the alternative PatchMii that installs cIOS36 I believe and now whenever I try to install cIOS rev3 or downgrade it gives me a ticket error. Does this mean I have to wait for a fix to appear or is there already a fix?

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am at 3.2U, so if I install IOS51 and the new shop channel. Will that put my Wii at 3.3U but without all the patchs to the other IOS that break homebrew?

Reiniku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I just actually recently found out about the whole homebrew scene for the wii (like an hour ago?), I actually updated to 3.3u when it was released a few days ago and have now installed the homebrew channel with the recently updated files.

What can I do from this point? Should I downgrade back to 3.2 or something to get anything actually running (mostly looking to get VC games / WAD Installer working), or does a working homebrew channel mean I can simply use the latest wad installer to install VC games?

Sora Master2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guiz, do you think if I format my wii I could downgrade? Cuz when I try the downgrader, I pick it, the screen turns black, and goes back to the wii menu.

Sora Master2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Formatting the Wii will not let you downgrade.

It only removes user installed things (channels, Message Board stuff, save data, etc.) it does not revert or change the IOS.
-.-
That......is........
Well do you have any other ideas? Because I installed that update like an idiot and I don't know what to do.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sora Master2.0 said:
Arm the Homeless said:
You have to wait until a cIOS update which can bypass the current check (like HBC Beta 9) comes out.

Read about this update on my blog:
http://ratm.net63.net/word/?p=4
IN your blog it said I could just revert to 3.2 via the cIOS downgrader, BUT, I can't use it. So there is nothing I can do?
Read more. I said that you need to have had cIOS previously installed, or else anything cIOS related won't work.
Nothing you can do.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
Sora Master2.0 said:
Arm the Homeless said:
You have to wait until a cIOS update which can bypass the current check (like HBC Beta 9) comes out.

IN your blog it said I could just revert to 3.2 via the cIOS downgrader, BUT, I can't use it. So there is nothing I can do?
He says it in his blog:
'You can't revert the changes if you didn't have a cIOS installed prior to the update.'
Or something like that. You'll have to wait like everyone else! Unfortunately =(

He beat me to it... =P

Sora Master2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Sora Master2.0 said:
Arm the Homeless said:

Read more. I said that you need to have had cIOS previously installed, or else anything cIOS related won't work.
Nothing you can do.
Well I installed it I think because I think the backup Launcher needed it. So am I safe? It was like cIOS 249 or something like that.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
check with anytitledeleter if you got ios249.
just to make sure, you're really "save"

If AnyTD gives errors at the begining, you possible got the 3.3 update.
which doesnt bother you if you have that ios249

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I feel like you wanted to make it something else but didn't want sickly slapping you +1