OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My wii won't read my 2GB Class 2 SD card
It ran perfect earlier and when i took it out to add some apps and wads, my wii couldn't read it.
I formatted the card and still nothing
frown.gif

Help please D;

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't know how to fix the sd card problem, but if you have a usb flash drive you can use it the exact same way with the homebrew channel, if there is no sd card inserted.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linuxGuru said:
Well I don't know how to fix the sd card problem, but if you have a usb flash drive you can use it the exact same way with the homebrew channel, if there is no sd card inserted.
Yes, i know that but i'll need to use two external USB's which idk if usb loaders support that
That's b/c one of them are in WBFS format
Would it still work though?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
paced98 said:
Sorry i don't know any solution for this problem.
LOLOLOLOL

I'm sorry, I don't know how to sort this, lol, then why fuckin post, lolol
Get another sd card to test, check if your wii can read that, that will help you determine if its the wii or the sd. As said, if its the sd, just buy a new one, lol. If its the wii, obviously that will be a hardware issue and we'll go from there then, but for now, just test a known working sd

gamefreak94

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Plonk said:
paced98 said:
Sorry i don't know any solution for this problem.
LOLOLOLOL

I'm sorry, I don't know how to sort this, lol, then why fuckin post, lolol
Get another sd card to test, check if your wii can read that, that will help you determine if its the wii or the sd. As said, if its the sd, just buy a new one, lol. If its the wii, obviously that will be a hardware issue and we'll go from there then, but for now, just test a known working sd
Yeah, tested out another SD card and those don't read either :l

melkor42x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take it apart and look at the SD reader and see if something broke off in it. I had to do that the other day and it was a broken piece interfering with it. You can get a new SD reader for the Wii for cheap and just solder it.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the wii read it, but just not the homebrew channel? It may be an IOS problem. You can always just boot from usb. ALso, deadlyfoez offers sd drive replacements.

gamefreak94

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M1r0 said:
Can the wii read it, but just not the homebrew channel? It may be an IOS problem. You can always just boot from usb. ALso, deadlyfoez offers sd drive replacements.
No the wii can't read it at all
And nothing reads from the USB, i mean HBC could read the apps, but all the IOS apps for somereason need a SD card (Oh, the irony
ohnoes.png
) and i can't install wads either b/c no wad manager works or could properly install the wads

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, it can or can't use the usb? This sounds like it could be an IOS problem (maybe faulty cIOSCORP) but it's weird that both IOS 61/81 (default HBC) and IOS 70 (system menu) can't read the card. It could also be a bad sd card reader. I would first try a syscheck. Maybe later if it doesn't work after I give instructions, contact deadlyfoez (he can replace SD drives) or a third party source.

gamefreak94

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M1r0 said:
Wait, it can or can't use the usb? This sounds like it could be an IOS problem (maybe faulty cIOSCORP) but it's weird that both IOS 61/81 (default HBC) and IOS 70 (system menu) can't read the card. It could also be a bad sd card reader. I would first try a syscheck. Maybe later if it doesn't work after I give instructions, contact deadlyfoez (he can replace SD drives) or a third party source.
No i can use the usb, but all the only thing i can do on it is use the USB Loader and play homebrew games. I can't install any wads at all so i can't replace any IOS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy