MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
wii-u.jpg

Confirmed that the Wii U will bring back the Friend Codes.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/724881/wii-u-will-continue-to-use-friend-codes/

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure i read that someoen from nintendo already confirmed they wasnt coming back?

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Friend Code system on the DS and Wii was a disaster, but I'm perfectly fine with the 3DS system.

They make the Wii U's Friend Code system sound even easier than the 3DS's.

I hope they make it one Friend Code per account or something, so it links your 3DS to it. That way if I'm playing 3DS, and my friend is playing Wii U, he can see what game I'm playing from the Wii U. Also, with MiiVerse coming to the Wii U and 3DS, it sounds like they will link accounts like this somehow.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I don't understand... So you're taking an old, reviled system and changing it. Okay, Nintendo, that's a smart move. However, you're still using the old name, the one everyone associates with poor, annoying service. Why? Would it be so hard to create a new name?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Also an interesting point in the interview:

He re-confirmed what we already knew about the Wii U's lack of built-in hard drive, pointing to the on-board USB input ports for those who wish to add more storage.

To be able to use the online download system, you have to buy an external USB HDD? If games are going for the 25 GB mark (sure not all will be, but was the propriety dual-layer capable? 50 gb?), it's a must if there is ever going to be digital downloads.. I'd have loved to see a 250 GB internal + a possibility of external HDDs.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's what I don't understand... So you're taking an old, reviled system and changing it. Okay, Nintendo, that's a smart move. However, you're still using the old name, the one everyone associates with poor, annoying service. Why? Would it be so hard to create a new name?
Then everyone'd bash it saying "it's just fc with a different name"
I personally don't see what's wrong with a FC. It's no different to a gamertag considering gamertags are usually just as hard to remember.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then everyone'd bash it saying "it's just fc with a different name"
I personally don't see what's wrong with a FC. It's no different to a gamertag considering gamertags are usually just as hard to remember.
Remembering a name is much easier than random numbers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night