Wii U USB Stick doesnt Work

MichaTube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello!
I hacked my Wii U lately and now i wanted to download some Games on my 64GB USB Stick. It does get recognized by my Wii U and it says i have to formate it but i skipped that part. There is nothing on my USB Stick and when i try to download a Game onto it via wup installer it says that there is no USB Device plugged in. What should i do? Should i formate it? Or does the USB Stick must have a specific folder or something?

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read your post and re-read it and it still doesn't make sense. You said it said to format and you skipped that? It's not going to work unless you format it period.

I would recommend a real hard drive anyway one with a y cable to plug into two usb ports on the Wii U or one that plugs into the wall. USB flash drives will last awhile but will eventually die because they're not meant for playing games only for storing files. But in the meantime if you want to use that flash drive you will have to say yes to formatting it to the Wii U.

Reactions: jeannotte

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is not possible to have the USB stick readable both by a computer and by your Wii U. To copy / install games legitimately on it or through WUP Installer, you need to let the Wii U format it (losing any files you put on it using your computer). It will then show up in data management, in the eShop and in WUP Installer.

As godreborn says, to install games using WUP Installer, the files need to be put onto your SD card (SD/install). Then they can be installed to the internal memory or (formatted!) USB drive.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you're going to need probably a 32 gb sd card you may be able to get by with a 16 gb depending on which games you want because the majority of games will fit on that but there are some games larger than that. The largest game is 21 gb.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ignore what all the others said: Format the USB stick on the Wii U and use NUSspli instead of WUP Installer: Win!

In the long run I would also suggest switching to a HDD through as your stick won't survive long on the Wii U.

MichaTube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ignore what all the others said: Format the USB stick on the Wii U and use NUSspli instead of WUP Installer: Win!

In the long run I would also suggest switching to a HDD through as your stick won't survive long on the Wii U.
I do have a 1TB Flash Drive does this work? And why will my stick not survive long on the wii u?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night