Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see you back, OP. This is crazy! The WiiU scene is moving at light speed!
Yeee! I've been spending the last three days playing usb games. Now i'll be spending the next three weeks setting up rednand! (even tho its for devs only - yolo)

Scott Pilgrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it wasn't released. it's not very hard to know what it's doing. resolve nintendo server address, get the titleID, download the tmd (which contains all the filename) for the requested version, and download all files with wget.
There's a java version of it (JNUStool) with full sources available.

abood : yeah, I'm trying to follow all threads at the same time. helping everyone takes lot of time.
Sometime I'm wondering if it's useful or not and tell users what I think, but I try to answer again anyway. not easy haha. I should take a pause, playing games a little for a change, or cook/bake :lol:.

You deserve a break from time to time man, not joking. You are one of the best moderators of all the forums I've been. Keep it up and bake me some muffins! :rofl2:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to sum up, essentially I:

- Download the game via NUS (JNUSLauncher GUI mod is what I used)
- Get the ticket either from WUD, extracting with the CFW boot method (not user friendly), or, *ahem* other means (which are stated as being pre-patched)
- Place encrypted NUS downloaded game and ticket into SD:/Install
- Load Homebrew Launcher and then the modded WUP Installer
- Install to either NAND, USB, etc

Do I have all that correct? So much happened yesterday that I admittedly didn't pay full attention, but after sleeping and coming back, it's so much easier to understand :P

Reactions: canariobr

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

- Get the ticket either from WUD, extracting with the CFW boot method (not user friendly), or, *ahem* other means (which are stated as being pre-patched)

Do I have all that correct? So much happened yesterday that I admittedly didn't pay full attention, but after sleeping and coming back, it's so much easier to understand :P

Indeed. WUDs haven't really been necessary for a few days now. People can just boot the IOSU exploit to dump the remaining missing tickets (and then once we have redNAND with CFW that has no sig checks, we can just use cearp's funkeycia (a program originally tailored for the 3DS, but it's being adapted to the Wii U soon)) to generate fake tickets and install those instead.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
IOSU hack is already out. doesn't change anything. Like I said many time this past months, IOSU hacks is not magical, it's only a possibility to edit the IOSU access rights, it doesn't "make games possible" it makes "access to functions possible" for developers.

the game format you need is based on the way you use to play.
if you play with loadiine, you need extracted game format.
if you play with this method, you need encrypted game format from NUS + WUP installer
Maybe later there will be a new method (with CFW), we don't know. It will depends on developers and possibilities.
Maybe we will still need wud, maybe not.

Reactions: canariobr

TheKroos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOSU hack is already out. doesn't change anything.
it's based on the way you use to play.
if you play with loadiine, you need extracted game format.
if you play with this method, you need encrypted game format from NUS + WUP installer
Maybe later there will be a new method (with CFW), we don't know. It will depends on developers and possibilities.
Wow IOSU is already out? what does it even do?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"IOSU" by itself is nothing.
it's like saying "whooaaaa, system menu is out?", system menu is a program run on the console. IOSU too.

Having IOSU Hack doesn't "make rainbows and piracy".
What developers were doing on IOSU (the CPU responsible for the hardware access rights) is finding a vulnerability to get access rights to things we usually don't, like "NAND access rights" or "USB access rights" etc.
It doesn't "Make loadiine work with USB" on first announce day ! it provides developers a way to get access to hardware we didn't have yet. but all is yet to code !
it's not magical, we don't have things that isn't coded. Developers still need to work on developing homebrew to take advantage to that "new access".

what we currently have with IOSU usermode hack : console reboot (yeah, not extraordinary for end users, right? for developers it's opening doors ! new way to code)
what we currently have with IOSU Kernel hack : OTP access (per console keys), CFW booter with patches (currently only NAND access is possible, no signature patch, piracy, etc)

Reactions: Quantumcat

TheKroos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"IOSU" by itself is nothing.
it's like saying "whooaaaa, system menu is out?", system menu is a program run on the console. IOSU too.

Having IOSU Hack doesn't "make rainbows and piracy".
What developers were doing on IOSU (the CPU responsible for the hardware access rights) is finding a vulnerability to get access rights to things we usually don't, like "NAND access rights" or "USB access rights" etc.
It doesn't "Make loadiine work with USB" on first announce day ! it provides developers a way to get access to hardware we didn't have yet. but all is yet to code !
it's not magical, we don't have things that isn't coded. Developers still need to work on developing homebrew to take advantage to that "new access".

what we currently have with IOSU usermode hack : console reboot (yeah, not extraordinary for end users, right? for developers it's opening doors ! new way to code)
what we currently have with IOSU Kernel hack : OTP access (per console keys), CFW booter with patches (currently only NAND access is possible, no signature patch, piracy, etc)

Okay that's what i thought.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
IOSU is not "complete" or "incomplete".
it's not "something to achieve".
the IOSU is responsible for locking access to hardware. a hack is pacthing "one" of that access if we need to.
IOSU "complete" doesn't mean "all access patched". There's no completion.

for examle, IOS hack on wii : you could access NAND, USB, hardware, install wad, etc.
and 10 years later, we added another patch : SSL patch to access SSL website!
does it means IOS hack wasn't out these path 10 years?
"being OUT" doesn't mean anything.

do not consider "IOSU" as a whole. consider it individual "per access right".
we got NAND access right patched, we can now access NAND's data.
we still don't have Signature check patched
we still don't have all the rest which could be done (that we don't even need yet. remember, on Wii we needed SSL only 10 years later)

Grale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I'm failing at the WUP install part. It gives me an error or says this is not a game title or update..

I'm using NEW-NUSGrabber-GUI. Do i download Game updates or Full titles?

paulogiygas91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I already have Mario Kart 8 as a disc game, moved the DLC/updates/Save to the internal memory and installed it on the HDD, then I tried to move the data back to the HD and it says there is already data on the HDD and it will overwrite. Is there anyway to have the installed version use the data from the disc game? I don't want to lose my save...

Scott Pilgrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have Mario Kart 8 as a disc game, moved the DLC/updates/Save to the internal memory and installed it on the HDD, then I tried to move the data back to the HD and it says there is already data on the HDD and it will overwrite. Is there anyway to have the installed version use the data from the disc game? I don't want to lose my save...
Read the first post. Move all your data from the disc to the HDD, then install the game

Audino

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry if this has been asked before, can i use this tool to install game updates too or do i have to use the original WUPinstaller?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64