Hacking Wii U USB helper question

Foxizhot93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys new to Wii U but not new to hacking in general. After farting around with other methods i came upon Wii U USB helper by far the easiest way to download games. It goes without saying what I am doing so no need to say it is wrong. Anyway I have successfully added a handful of games to my external HD and played them so I know that I physically can. I am having an issue downloading Mario kart 8 and new super Mario Bros. U. I used the first title key site that pops up on google for my title keys and when I downloaded Mario kart 8 it asks if I want to add the game, update, and dlc so it downloads 3 separate files. When I tried to install on the Wii U 2 files say they are an update or dlc and can download without the game, makes sense. The other file should be the game but it says to check to make sure all the wup files are present. Only thing I can think of is to try and download just the game by itself assuming the files got messed up while downloading. As for new super Mario Bros. U, I downloaded new super Mario Bros. U + super Luigi u the biggest file available and when I try to install it on the Wii U it says it is an update or dlc and gives me an error. The other games I downloaded at the same time worked fine so I’m sure it isn’t an issue with the sd card the Wii U or how I am installing it. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance

Also I’m having a problem with home brew launcher v2.1. A lot of the time it won’t load it just takes me to the screen with the blue bubbles backsplash but no buttons. Any clue?
Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Foxizhot93,

Ashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both those games on disc and ripped and installed them both just fine. I think what you are running into is you have to install the game first and then install the updates. I think you might be trying to just install the DLC. To my knowledge, the DLC has a separate title key, which the brazil method can't install. So this is the error message I think you are getting. I have botw installed just fine, with the updates I downloaded from NUS afterward as a second install. But the DLC won't install without some extra work and then you can't play online.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have both those games on disc and ripped and installed them both just fine. I think what you are running into is you have to install the game first and then install the updates. I think you might be trying to just install the DLC. To my knowledge, the DLC has a separate title key, which the brazil method can't install. So this is the error message I think you are getting. I have botw installed just fine, with the updates I downloaded from NUS afterward as a second install. But the DLC won't install without some extra work and then you can't play online.
What the heck are you on about??? You can install dlc just fine using the Brazilian method and can still play online with zero issues no extra work required like you claim you just download and install it. I know this for a fact and have done it with numerous games.

Foxizhot93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya not sure what u r saying. I successfully downloaded and installed other games this way but because I tried downloading and installing the game and dlc and update at the same time it didn’t work. I am going to try just the game by itself download and install then try the dlc and update separately. Also I noticed it is trying to install those games on my pc to play in an emulator not sure how to change that, possibly uncheck unpack? But more importantly now I can’t get into home brew launcher every time I click on it, it just goes to the blue bubbles screen and that is it now. Before it would do this sometimes but now that is all it does. I did haxchi, with CBHC and use wup installer on the home brew loader.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya not sure what u r saying. I successfully downloaded and installed other games this way but because I tried downloading and installing the game and dlc and update at the same time it didn’t work. I am going to try just the game by itself download and install then try the dlc and update separately. Also I noticed it is trying to install those games on my pc to play in an emulator not sure how to change that, possibly uncheck unpack? But more importantly now I can’t get into home brew launcher every time I click on it, it just goes to the blue bubbles screen and that is it now. Before it would do this sometimes but now that is all it does. I did haxchi, with CBHC and use wup installer on the home brew loader.

The blue bubbles just means it can't read homebrew on your SD card

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The blue bubbles just means it can't read homebrew on your SD card
Yep the problem clearly is the sd card. Either the sd card slot on the wiiu is dirty or is about to break or the sd card is dirty or about to break i would clean both then try again if still not working i would recommend formating the sd card then putting the files back on then if still not working it would be time to try another sd card. Also there is the possibility of a fake card situation here would not be the first time we have seen that

Ashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the heck are you on about??? You can install dlc just fine using the Brazilian method and can still play online with zero issues no extra work required like you claim you just download and install it. I know this for a fact and have done it with numerous games.

I was not able to install botw DLC1 I have seen several posts about how you have to install the language addon and then swap keys around to install the DLC. So I'm not bullshitting here.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was not able to install botw DLC1 I have seen several posts about how you have to install the language addon and then swap keys around to install the DLC. So I'm not bullshitting here.
I have all botw dlc installed illegally with zero issues as has just about everyone else on the site you only need to swap the keys if you want to boot the game with dlc without using a cfw of you have a cfw then zero needs to be done. We also have a guide in the tutorials section about this very thing. https://gbatemp.net/threads/play-zelda-botw-with-all-dlc-for-free-without-cfw.469520/

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Foxizhot93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep the problem clearly is the sd card. Either the sd card slot on the wiiu is dirty or is about to break or the sd card is dirty or about to break i would clean both then try again if still not working i would recommend formating the sd card then putting the files back on then if still not working it would be time to try another sd card. Also there is the possibility of a fake card situation here would not be the first time we have seen that

Ok thank you both. I had thought that was a possibility because I blew in the as card slot before when it happened one time and it worked after. As far as the files put back on the sdcard what other than the games I am trying to load need to be on there? I believe I have 4 folders on it right. One named haxchi, one named CBHC, one named WiiU and one named install. The one named install has a folder named homebrew launcher and then the games I plan to install go in the install folder I think this is all going from memory

Foxizhot93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tinkered with it some more I took your advice and cleaned the card and the slot and I installed just the one super Mario Bros. U by itself and lo and behold it loaded into homebrew launcher 1st try and installed the game. Thank you guys so much for the help. [emoji106][emoji106]

I also changed the settings in Wii U usb helper. I originally had unpack and copy to sd checked but that was giving me trouble so I unchecked those and just copied it to sd myself.

Last edited by Foxizhot93,
Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1