Wii U Usb Helper now throwing error after win7 update

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ratmandom, Jul 28, 2018.

1. ratmandom
    OP

ratmandom GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2018
    United Kingdom
    can some one help me with this one?

I have tried fixes and reinstalling it, my copy was working before a win7 update.

it works on the down stairs computer win10, but I had all my stuff on the win7....

Screenshot 2018-07-28 18.07.10.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I can't recall if wii u usb helper has any dependencies (might want to look at the documentation or a release thread for that), but have you tried running it as administrator?

3. ratmandom
    OP

Mar 22, 2018
    United Kingdom
    just tried, same error running as admin hmm. where are the documentation and release threads, I could ask the guy who made the work around on reddit or some one like that....

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I'm not sure if the guy who made it is even answering questions regarding that app anymore. I assume that it says what is required in the release thread.

btw, I figured out how to backup wii u usb helper. you need to backup the usb_helper folder in either local or roaming and the hikari06 folder in the same location. one is in local; the other is in roaming. :D you have to backup both or you'll get the error that the app has been discontinued. ;) I just looked it up: hikari06 is in the local folder while usb_helper is in the roaming folder. :P

ratmandom likes this.
  5. ratmandom
    OP

Mar 22, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I brought a license just before it got taken down, it is a dam shame because look at me now. Yeah on the wii u usb helper GBATEMP page the comments have been stopped on page 198 or something....

I have got my helper working on my win10, but not enough space to put all my downloads from this pc onto it....

I need that NAS RAID or a home server money, money, money(BIG money)= lots of storage!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@godreborn I will keep the back up in mind(the back up) then I know what I have done on this laptop - with that copied over to the other pc will be where I left off.

godreborn likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted