Wii U Teaser HomeBrew Channel

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by djbubba2002, Nov 30, 2012.

Nov 30, 2012
  1. djbubba2002
    OP

Member djbubba2002 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Haiti
    We finally have a YouTube channel and we thought we’d kick things off with a little teaser:

Keep in mind that this is purely a demonstration at this stage. Depending on how things progress and what direction development takes, we may or may not release something like this in this form. Please don’t ask for release dates. We’d rather spend time investigating the new system than putting together a release that may or may not end up being the Right Way to do things in the future [​IMG] .
    Please ignore the blue blinks. The monitor kind of sucks at syncing to component video sometimes. I would’ve used HDMI, but the Wii U cannot output analog audio simultaneously with HDMI (at least not for the Wii U menu part), and I cannot capture HDMI audio.
    Source

Ghork, AverageNinja and Sakitoshi like this.

2. HaTaX

Member HaTaX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Looks pretty sweet! It's somehow comforting to hear the HBC's title music on the Wii-U...

3. rizzod

Member rizzod Not a New Member

Australia
    What a tease... May not even release? that's just cruel.

4. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Well, that was fast.:blink:

5. -Hero-

Newcomer -Hero- Member

United States
    I'm guessing you'll need version 1.0.1/1.0.2?

6. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    I would guess that if they get access to WiiU mode they will do something in there and have that have the ability to load Wii homebrew as well.

7. Nemesis90

Member Nemesis90 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Very impressive teaser. I do hope you expand upon it though.

8. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Didn't the Wii Mode come in the 2.0.0 update?

9. fenix4o9

Member fenix4o9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hmm im taking it you guys want to find more than one vulnerability, before you release one to the public. that way you will always have a way in after big N tries to patch it.

10. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom
    i would assume they are still trying to keep the HBC in there once they put it there seeing as the wiiu seems to restore if you will the wiimode , probably the reason you see the use of smash bros to load it .. then again its all just guess work and assumption

11. Brandts

Newcomer Brandts Member

Netherlands
    Do you already have full acces or only acces to the Wii-emulator mode?

12. d.d.d.

Member d.d.d. GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    That is correct. Out of the box with a 1.01 or .02 "vanilla" WiiU, it doesn't have Wii mode on the launch console.
    It does make me wonder how soon and often Nintendo will be doing background updates automatically on us as homebrew gets out there... They were fairly fast on the Wii, kinda, but maybe they'll be quicker with the U. :unsure:

13. crono141

Member crono141 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sweet. My question is: Does it persist after resetting the console into WiiU mode?

Wever likes this.
  14. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Currently the exploit they are using is too good to release. I don't know the specifics, but suffice to say, this particular IOS exploit will not be released until either Nintendo find it and fix it themselves, or else the successor to the WiiU is released without WiiMode (and in either case, the exploit is rendered useless). There are other exploits still in existence (e.g. crediar's exploit) and TT seem confident they can find and use another exploit, but the one they have now won't get released.
    As I said above, it's more that the exploit they have right now is too good to release. They can find others which will achieve the same end result for the user, but their current one has more use for them.
    As far as is publicly known, no one has achieved any level of exploitation/access in WiiU mode.

15. julialy

Member julialy Homebrewer

United States
    Good job !

Now I'm waiting for HomeBrew !

16. crono141

United States
    I really wonder if Nintendo will actually spend any time patching WiiMode or not. They aren't making any more games for Wii, and Nintendo's has been someone notorious for not caring what the 3rd parties think or want in regards to the Wii. I just don't see them making any money or losing any money from not patching WiiMode.

17. McHaggis

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    My Wii U had an icon for Wii mode before I updated. I didn't try it out before I updated, but are you sure you have your facts straight?

18. julialy

Member julialy Homebrewer

United States
    IF you click on Wiimode and your Wii is not updated it says you ned to update to use this feature.

pelago likes this.
  19. crono141

United States
    Just like youtube and amazon apps. Its a stub app to tell you to get the real app.

pelago likes this.
  20. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    That's probably due to the "feature" Nintendo implemented where Wii-mode gets disabled if any WiiU update is availible. That's going to get really sucky, really fast.