Hacking Wii U System Update 5.0 released

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the information. I blocked every other suggested IP and my Wii u was unable to download the update

Remember that you won't be able to access the eShop with these IP's blocked. If you want to get a game really quick, you can un-block them for a second while you do so. However, once an update for 5.0 is released, you should never do this (For obvious reasons).

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember that you won't be able to access the eShop with these IP's blocked. If you want to get a game really quick, you can un-block them for a second while you do so. However, once an update for 5.0 is released, you should never do this (For obvious reasons).

I'm just going to stay on 4.1 for now. I have no need for eshop access.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Ainatar

Trophies
XP
Country
One noob question. Supposing i'm on a earlier firmware, 2.0 for example, if i update the console, it will upgrade directly from the 2.0 to the last firmware available (5.0) or it will upgrade one by one (3.x, etc..., 4.x, etc..., 5.0)?

Thanks and sorry for my poor english :-)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That doesn't affect actual online gaming itself does it, like for Mario Kart 8? I personally don't care about the eShop really, just want to ensure that I can block those sneaky updates but still enjoy online battling.

One noob question. Supposing i'm on a earlier firmware, 2.0 for example, if i update the console, it will upgrade directly from the 2.0 to the last firmware available (5.0) or it will upgrade one by one (3.x, etc..., 4.x, etc..., 5.0)?

Thanks and sorry for my poor english :-)

Unless you have a game that has a specified firmware update, like Mario Kart 8, which is 4.0.1 or whatever it is, then no, it will skip to 5.0.0

Reactions: Ainatar

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi!, I want to ask something, people, what kind of router I can buy to block all the IP? Some user told me to update my old router with some firmware, but it bricked, so I want to buy a new one, could somebody tell me what router I need to buy? thanks!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!, I want to ask something, people, what kind of router I can buy to block all the IP? Some user told me to update my old router with some firmware, but it bricked, so I want to buy a new one, could somebody tell me what router I need to buy? thanks!

Most routers now have blacklisting or site blocking options in the advanced settings. I've seen some Netgear routers that have guides for doing so.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Didn't anybody have boot problems with the WiiU after this update? I can't boot mine on the first try, it doesn't show anything on my television, I have to forcefully (press power button for 5 seconds) shut it down, and then in the next boot up there is a warning but the console works alright.

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
Hello everyone! Hope this doesn't sound stupid but I decided to ask anyway. Do I have to block all the IP's on the router or is it enough to delete all the Wifi networks on my WiiU? Will I eventually need an Internet connection later to perform the exploit? Hope I made myself clear, this is not really my area, and I just want to stop my console from automatically updating.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't anybody have boot problems with the WiiU after this update? I can't boot mine on the first try, it doesn't show anything on my television, I have to forcefully (press power button for 5 seconds) shut it down, and then in the next boot up there is a warning but the console works alright.

This isn't normal. Its possible that something could've gone horribly wrong during the update installation. I'm willing to bet, if your on this forum, you've probably already voided your warranty at this point lmao, so Nintendo won't be much help to you. Unfortunately, you might just have to wait it out until the next update is released as we have no means of (unofficially) writing to the Wii U's NAND yet :/

Hello everyone! Hope this doesn't sound stupid but I decided to ask anyway. Do I have to block all the IP's on the router or is it enough to delete all the Wifi networks on my WiiU? Will I eventually need an Internet connection later to perform the exploit? Hope I made myself clear, this is not really my area, and I just want to stop my console from automatically updating.

Jorge, you can do it either way. You can wipe out all your wifi settings or block all the appropriate IP addresses. However if your console has already downloaded the update (in the background) and just hasn't installed it yet, you will still be nagged intermittently for the update. It will pop up (when you turn on the console) saying "Preparing To Update" THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! If it says this, rip the plug out of the back of your Wii U console BEFORE THE ACTUAL UPDATING PROCESS BEGINS. If it actually starts installing the update, just let it go, otherwise you could brick your Wii U entirely. After you rip the plug out you can plug it back in, and fire it up again. Usually you won't be nagged again for a bit (couple or several days...???).

Sometimes the method mentioned in this thread works for bypassing the nag issue (although as of lately it seems to only work intermittently, like the nag issue itself :P): http://gbatemp.net/threads/bypass-system-updates-and-still-access-wii-u-mode.364211/

As for the exploit, you will need internet access to use it unfortunately, as the only way we have "into" the console (in Wii U mode) is through the browser at this point in time.

Best of luck!

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jorge, you can do it either way. You can wipe out all your wifi settings or block all the appropriate IP addresses. However if your console has already downloaded the update (in the background) and just hasn't installed it yet, you will still be nagged intermittently for the update. It will pop up (when you turn on the console) saying "Preparing To Update" THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! If it says this, rip the plug out of the back of your Wii U console BEFORE THE ACTUAL UPDATING PROCESS BEGINS. If it actually starts installing the update, just let it go, otherwise you could brick your Wii U entirely. After you rip the plug out you can plug it back in, and fire it up again. Usually you won't be nagged again for a bit (couple or several days...???).

Sometimes the method mentioned in this thread works for bypassing the nag issue (although as of lately it seems to only work intermittently, like the nag issue itself :P): http://gbatemp.net/threads/bypass-system-updates-and-still-access-wii-u-mode.364211/

As for the exploit, you will need internet access to use it unfortunately, as the only way we have "into" the console (in Wii U mode) is through the browser at this point in time.

Best of luck!

Is it necessary to rip the plug out though? I just shutdown from the gamepad when the "preparing to update" message appears, then after reboot it's gone for a few days or so.

Ninotramp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got a fresh Wii U and I'm wondering if it's safe to hack it with vWii and Homebrew Channel and what exploit I should use? I got 5.0 update.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1