www.youtube.com
XP
Country
KirbyBoy said:
Rydian said:
Hadrian said:
More info from Engadget
QUOTE said:
IBM tells us that within the Wii U there's a 45nm custom chip with "a lot" of embedded DRAM. It's a silicon on insulator design and packs the same processor technology found in Watson, the supercomputer that bested a couple of meatbags on Jeopardy awhile back. Unfortunately, IBM wouldn't give us the chip's clock speeds, but if it's good enough to smoke Ken Jennings on national TV, we imagine it'll do alright against its competition from Sony and Microsoft.*facepaw*

Veho said:
What I want to know is, can you connect more than one of those new controllers at once?I'd hope so. Anybody know the resolution so we can check the bandwidth that'd be used for four lower-resolution screens compared ot possible 1080P output? Yeah there'd be come encoding overhead and input, but that shouldn't take up that much.

Seraph said:
The Wii used proprietary discs too (which were just special DVD's).Hm, running over disc-based systems...
Playstation - CD.
Dreamcast - GD-ROM (modified CD file structure and tighter lines, modified PC drives can read/burn).
XBOX - ???
Playstation 2 - DVD, unmodified, right?
Gamecube - Mini-DVD, modified a bit.
Wii - DVD, modified a bit.
360 - DVD, modified a bit or plain jane?
Playstation 3 - BD, plain jane?

The PS2 also had CDs.

the original xbox 1 used dvd9 discs, also will the wii u have support for gamecube pads? it should do as it supports gamecube games, i love the fact that i can play all my gamecube games in 1080p awesome
smile.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(Rydian @ Jun 8 2011, 12:28 AM)
QUOTE(KirbyBoy @ Jun 7 2011, 07:21 PM)
The PS2 also had CDs.
You sure on that?

Posts merged

QUOTE(KirbyBoy @ Jun 7 2011, 07:21 PM)
The PS2 also had CDs.
You sure on that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2

look right hand side at specs...

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Hadrian said:
Updated first page with this:

QUOTE said:
IBM tells us that within the Wii U there's a 45nm custom chip with "a lot" of embedded DRAM. It's a silicon on insulator design and packs the same processor technology found in Watson, the supercomputer that bested a couple of meatbags on Jeopardy awhile back. Unfortunately, IBM wouldn't give us the chip's clock speeds, but if it's good enough to smoke Ken Jennings on national TV, we imagine it'll do alright against its competition from Sony and Microsoft.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/ibm-put...nintendo-wii-u/

It not a pc for gods sake. Stop comparing.
Since when were consoles and computers ever mutually exclusive?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
KirbyBoy said:
The PS2 also had CDs.You sure on that?

Posts merged

QUOTE(KirbyBoy @ Jun 7 2011, 07:21 PM) The PS2 also had CDs.
You sure on that?
Yup, I'm sure. They used CD's for the first ps2 games and switched to DVD a little later.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Posts merged

Rydian said:
KirbyBoy said:
The PS2 also had CDs.You sure on that?

Posts merged
Rydian said:
KirbyBoy said:

QUOTE(KirbyBoy @ Jun 7 2011, 07:21 PM) The PS2 also had CDs.
You sure on that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2

look right hand side at specs...
That just said it supported CD's(which it did). Most PS2 games used DVD's however, the only game I can think of that used a CD was Half Life. But yeah, all systems just have a modified standard. Just pointed out the Wii because it seemed like it was the only other system that said "proprietary" discs. Of course, you left out the PSP and its UMD...(it's a system I'd say)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Anyone else feel that NSMBW should have had Mii support in the first place?
No.

When I play a Mario game I want to play as Mario.

I hope this NSMB Mii is just a tech demo and that when they eventually do a sequel it is something more than that.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
_Chaz_ said:
Anyone else feel that NSMBW should have had Mii support in the first place?
No.

When I play a Mario game I want to play as Mario.

I hope this NSMB Mii is just a tech demo and that when they eventually do a sequel it is something more than that.
I always felt that NSMBW should have had Mii support.

Yeah, I like to play as Mario when Im playing a Mario game, but with the 4 players on the same screen, not gonna want everyone to be a Mario (anyone else remember Super Mario 128??) so it just seemed like we should have been able to use Miis as wells as different colored toads.

D

Deleted-220713

One thing I've always wanted on a Nintendo console is multi-platform games, on par with 360 and PS3.
I'm REALLY excited for this.
biggrin.gif

I'd really have liked some analog sticks though
dry.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
also will the wii u have support for gamecube pads? it should do as it supports gamecube games, i love the fact that i can play all my gamecube games in 1080p awesome
smile.gif
Waitwaitwhat? The specs did NOT list gamecube games. Only Wii discs.

In addition even if it does play GC games, it's not going to run them at 1080P.

Seraph said:
Most PS2 games used DVD's however, the only game I can think of that used a CD was Half Life.A year and a month after release they were still using CDs? I thought it was always DVDs. PSX games were CDs, so it had to read those (and then there's audio CDs).

QUOTE(Seraph @ Jun 7 2011, 07:51 PM)
Of course, you left out the PSP and its UMD...(it's a system I'd say)
Whoops.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if its backwards compatible that means it works with CFG loader? or neogamma? lol

i really hope they screw up the security on this one. i doubt it, but i'm hoping big time, at least let me load my wii games from usb, i don't mind if i cannot load wii u games via usb.

blackrider

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I never bought a Wii is because hate balloon head graphics. It's like playing every fucking game in south park. I saw more of the same crap in the e3 presentation. The specs don't say how powerful it is. I'd like to know how it stacks up to other consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr